Author Topic: Modder Compendium (Community Consortium).  (Read 5100 times)

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
Modder Compendium (Community Consortium).
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »
This topic is for any modder that would like to partake in the "Modder Compendium" which I described earlier as
Basically a library about Modders.
If you would like to partake in the Modder Compendium, please post at least one paragraph about yourself (or PM). This does not have to be real-life information like your name/age and such. But things like when you began modding and what kinds of mods you do, and how you, as a modder, would think about yourself and other mods or the creation of mods, et cetera. Please do not post any information that you would not like to see in publicity because I assure you, this will most certainly end up in Morrowind publicity.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Modder Compendium (Community Consortium).
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »
Could probably just use a simple modification of my "about me" dialog for my avatar:

Melchior Dahrk: I especially enjoy creating landscapes and exterior areas; I dabble in 3D modelling, texturing, scripting, or anything else I need to create the mod I want. Over the last 10 years, I have released over 40 mods. When I first started, my modding experience was limited to making maps for strategy games; but I was quickly enthralled by the freedom I had to create anything I could imagine in the Construction Set. Some of my older successful mods were Atronach Expansion, Pearls Enhanced, and New Gnaar Mok. More recently, some of my successful projects have been Spriggans and Twiggans, Umbra - Blademaster, Dunmer Lanterns Replacer (included in the Morrowind Overhaul) and my large landmass project, Lyithdonea: The Azurian Isles.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:06:26 PM »
Excellent Melchior Dahrk, glad to have someone who want's to participate!  :)

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »
I'll be joining him, I just need to write my blurb first.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »
Great to hear Autoclock, can't wait to see what you put in!

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 01:24:52 AM »
Here's my blurb:

I am known for building weird things, which I do out of necessity. My favorite part of TES lore is Tonal Architecture, because it's all about telling physics to take a hike. I like Argonians because they're lizard people created by sentient trees, and there's literally nothing cooler than that. When I grow up, I want to be a Trainsformer, a robot that turns into a train. I shall be called the Liberty Express.

Hope you weren't expecting seriousness, because I don't have a big portfolio to yammer on about like MD does. Just three pages of screenshots posted in the gallery here, several documents of notes scattered all over my laptop, and like 200mb of resources that might actually get used one day.

I do it all for the MOOLAH.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 02:28:29 AM »
You don't have to be serious at all, just has to be some details about yourself so anything will suffice (provided it's a least a paragraph of course). Now, if it's "I scale volcanoes daily, invented civilization and was born at the dawn of time." We'll have to talk about that ...  ;)

Moritius

• Community Secretary
  • I'm watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 08:58:45 AM »
Oh well, I give it a try. I will post something asap :).
"Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit"

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:05 PM »
Regardless of what areas of Morrowind you mod, what you're working on, I'll be happy to fill up at least a shelf! PM or post! Three sentences at least would be nice but as far as I am aware of anything goes in terms of length.

MattTheBagel

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 02:27:15 PM »
You still need some?
"I could kill that guar. Those boots are ruined."

My Instagram; https://www.instagram.com/elder_scrolls_page/

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »
Once there was this guy who needed a break from the tediousness of his job, and the extreme boredom of all things in general. One day while at the local PC shop one of the girls behind the counter asked me if I played RPGs ( I was looking at a Mecha type game that I've long since forgotten), when I looked up she told me about this "totally awesome open world RPG coming out called "Morrowind", and how it was made by the same people that brought us such classic games as Arena, and Daggerfall. So I put it on reserve (having enjoyed the hell out of both games) with out further questions. A month later I got a call to come get my came. That was the beginning of it. Like every one else I looked at this CS thing, and started messing around with it about a half hour after starting the game. And with in a few weeks I had my first house mod made. I never released it because it paled in comparison to other house mods you got through Morrowind Summit (later to become Planet Elder Scrolls, which was later shat upon by IGN whom I have zero to do with due to their blatant disregard for the MW fan-base), as time went by I was doing more modding then gaming, and still had yet to release any of the mods I made (in my opinion most of those were not worth the time to upload just to get trolled on by haters). Then about 12 years ago I started working on a HUGE system of caverns that would link every major city together as well as some of the more popular Dwemer, and daedric ruins. It was deep, it was dark, it was scaled to the size of the Island, and it was very dangerous. Most of all I believed it would have been good enough to finally be a mod that I could release to the MW gaming public. Almost eight years I spent on my cavern system, and as it was nearing the 90% completion mark I started getting excited about my upcoming debut release into the Morrowind Modding community. I started telling people about my labor of love on GHF, and on the soon to be defunct PES Morrowind Forum. Little teasers here, or there, that's all. Then one day I turned on my computer, and it made a funny sound,and started smelling bad. After the smoke cleared, and the side was off the tower I discovered I had no more hard drive to work on my cavern system. I was devastated. I didn't touch the CS for over a month after I got my new hard drive. By then I was exploring Blender, and figuring out how to make things to put in my favorite game of all time (that would be Morrowind if you haven't yet guessed), only this time the folks at GHF (Planet Elder Scrolls was gone by this time :'( ) encouraged me to start modding again. Not only did they encourage me into opening the CS again they also encouraged me to release the things I made for my own private game to the wider world of Morrowind gamers. SOOOOOOOOOO.... in the last four years I've made many small replacer types of mods for Morrowind, and to date I've got 24 mods to my credit, all hosted on Great House Fliggerty - Downloads. Most of them are not very lore friendly, and they all are glaringly out of place as compared to the vanilla art, but I like them,and other people seem to also like them. It has been a while since my last release, but that's because I'm still working on it, and had to take a break from it for a while. In the mean time there are tons of unused Meshes, and textures sitting on my back up hard drive (someone learned something from the eight year long catastrophe in the making) waiting for a mod idea to pop into my head, and I have a few decent sized mods in the works right now. One of which is very close to completion, and will surely be released very soon. Another is in beta testing right now with a few select testers taking their sweet time getting back to me with any issues that are popping up in it.
Also I like to make things shiny, and if I can get away with it I will make replacers be esp-less.

There you go. You asked for a short paragraph, and I give you a block of text instead. Use what you will, and throw out the rest.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 11:44:12 PM »
Thank you so much Drakkmore! Yes MattTheBagel I would love another! The more we get the better!

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 03:19:41 AM »
In 2003, I went back to college to refresh my computer programming degree, and expand my two years of education into a four-year diploma.  Somewhere around 2005-2006, I started spending some of my free time playing games on the computers in the public area; and one of the games was Oblivion.  Later, when I found the Game of the Year Edition of Morrowind, I installed that on one of my computers.  Now...I've been an avid player of TABLETOP Role-playing games since high school; but these games were about as close to an interactive RPG as I'd ever gotten; a hell of alot more intimate than any of the first-person shooters installed at school.  And then, I discovered MODS.  The game could actually be expanded and enhanced, just by enabling added content modules in the program launcher!  After that, I was HOOKED!  I've never looked back on that college since!   ;) 

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 03:43:09 AM »
If there is still any lingering interest, I will continue taking entries from today to June 30th. I am sorry for the deadline but I need to get this wrapped up.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »
"I'm a relatively new modder, though I am hardly new to Morrowind. I first played the game not too long after the Game of the Year edition came out. I played with mods back then, but never really did much for modding myself. A couple years or so after that I quite playing regularly, and only did some on and off playing. I was mostly limited in what I could do with game as I had never had it on my own device. It's only been rather recently that I've actually put it on my own computer, and that is when I got really serious about modding.

My very second mod project, and the first I shared idea of with the modding community started as simple Hammer edit, and inspired me to make a whole blacksmith faction mod. It is still a work in progress, and has been put on hold for the time be so I could focus on my next mod project (and so that I can learn more about modding in general so I can succeed at what I want to do with Northern Embers, the new name of that faction mod), and later Modtown 2015.

My third project, was for a darker house mod, suitable for a Necromancer, dubbed the Necromancer's Abode. It is currently downloadable its very early better stages, but its first full release will be the House Mod itself, along with some conveniences. Plans for later releases may include running your own Necromancers Cult. That was put on hold for Modtown, but I will be returning to after I finish Modtown.

My work in Modtown should speak for itself, just explore the town and find it I'm sure.

My latest project, and my first complete mod, is the Cave of Wonders. A mysterious dungeon delving experience, that may even be expanded upon later on.

Now you may be wondering as to my first project, which I haven't mentioned up until this point. It is something I intend to share, when and only when it is finished.

I do have other plans for mods, who knows what else I might come up with. I'm sure it will be quite interesting."

Will this do? I've been wanting come up with something more interesting, but I kept getting rather stuck.... so I just came up with this.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."