Author Topic: [Daedric Ruin Claim] Tower of Baelgon  (Read 12560 times)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
[Daedric Ruin Claim] Tower of Baelgon
« on: October 03, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »
I'm claiming the Daedric tower I put by the mountain. Just going to make something interesting to explore at the moment.

I'm just getting started, so if there are thoughts of how this will/could be used in the Main Quest or Faction Quests, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just try to make it "questable" with some unique areas.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
Re: [Daedric Ruin Claim] Tower of Baelgon
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »
Perhaps one of The Assembler's creations wandered into the ruin and became the unwilling property of the people living in it? Returning it to him could be a way of getting on his good side.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »
I don't see any reason that couldn't be the case. I hadn't really thought about who could inhabit this place... but I'll give that some thought and make a holding cell or something.

Moritius

• Community Secretary
  • I'm watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
Maybe some Undead Winget Twillights, necromancers and smugglers? :D
"Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit"

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »
I got a little burned out on modding for a bit... but I'm trying to buckle down since we're quickly running out of days left in this year. Here's some progress on the dungeon for the Daedric tower on Creatia Island.

http://imgur.com/a/Vs4og

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 03:25:44 PM »
That looks awesome. And kind of scary.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that we're not going to make the deadline.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »
That looks awesome. And kind of scary.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that we're not going to make the deadline.
Me as well... I can buckle down and get this done and maybe a couple other claims, but no one is actively working on the main quest that I know of - which I am concerned about. I'm going to be thoroughly bummed if this ends up being another ModTown 2006.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:26:23 PM by Melchior Dahrk »

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 03:58:09 PM »
I could have swore that a handful of people have finished their claims by now. Mostly stuff that doesn't take very long, I think.

As long as Mod Town gets finished, I don't really care how long it takes. I'm confident that when can see this thing through, just not confident that it'll be out before 2016 begins. To be fair on all involved, correct me if I'm wrong, but this IS the first time someone's gotten this far in such a long time. There isn't exactly a formula to follow, like with other types of collaborations, and with an open-door policy, certain things are just going to have to be accepted, such as missed deadlines.

Organization is key, but it only gets team projects so far when we have to contend with other demands on our time. There's also the issue of effort vs product yielded. Meaning, for example, my time would have been better served making Autotower from the beginning, but it's hard to predict ideas you haven't come up with yet.

Like I've said to Darkelfguy before, I'm simply going to keep developing Autotower until it's satisfactory, and move on from there, regardless of what's left to do both on my end and on everyone else's. I'm fine with people playing Mod Town for the first time in the spring of next year if it means a more polished product they're enjoying.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 04:29:10 PM »
Good points, Autoclock. And my comment on claims was not fair - I have removed it. And I have been rather fixated on the project being done by the close of 2015. But perhaps it would be for the best to give ourselves more time. I'd like to try to get some more Modders involved and from the probing I have done, others are interested but they feel that they couldn't complete a good claim in time.

Moritius

• Community Secretary
  • I'm watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 04:36:32 PM »
Well, ihmo making models takes me too much time - I should have written about 80% my MQ or even finished claim but...
And, we need DEG there but he's making videos instead :P (I'm not complaining, he's doing awesome work and he's making this promo-progress video which we need ;)).

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 05:11:44 PM »
I'm almost done with the Q2 (Quest 2) maze I promised on the other thread, I'm just testing it and making sure it's doable so people don't complain about it when the mod is released and to simply get it done. When I'm done with it, I'll be able to start working on everything else and update my ModTown ESM to work on the exteriors.

This won't turn into 2006, we have very talented modders, media coverage, and quite frankly I'll keep working on this project no matter how much people leave, so their will always be someone working on it. Sure we might not make the December Deadline, but that's the beauty of it. We're not developing an IP or a game and we're doing this on our own time which for some it's flexible and for others it's not.

I wouldn't freak out about the December Deadline, we're not professional game-makers and we're not on a payroll either. As long as we can all dedicate time no matter how much or how little we'll keep going. We got some very good communication even though admittedly I haven't been talking much as of late, but I'll improve, and I think we'll all improve. I'll stay with this project past any sort of bitter end, will you guys?

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
If the deadline is keeping people from joining, I would say that that's a pretty good reason to move it. We should keep some kind of deadline, though.

Look at it this way: When do the Oscars get handed out? The beginning of the year. But what movies are they looking at? The ones that came out the year before. Could work for us.

And modeling is time-consuming (I would know probably more than anyone else here), but without it, stuff like Autotower wouldn't be worth doing.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
Worked on the Tower of Baelgon some more. Made some creatures to put in it. I call them "Shades of an Idea". These terrors wander the nefarious catwalks of Baelgon seeking to sap the creativity and life from anyone weak enough to succumb to their touch.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 10:06:04 PM »
Nice. It looks like something that should've been put in Oblivion's "Shivering Isles" add-on DLC for the Dementia part, would've been very fitting now that I think about it.

Moritius

• Community Secretary
  • I'm watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:43 AM »
And for me, they look like shadows from D&D (especially, they look fairly similar in Temple of Elemental Evil and Newerwinter Nights).
Nice, I love them.