For today’s episode of Morrowind Modding Manors, we’re taking a look at three very different and very unique house mods from around Vvardenfell, including beautiful garden hideaways, atmospheric pirate dens, and at least one rather eccentric home that almost defies description. There’s all of this, and more, in today’s 16th episode of Morrowind Modding Manors!
Today for Morrowind Modding Showcases, we have a special in-development look at Fablewind, an impressive new project that aims to bring the realm of Albion to the gameworld of Morrowind. While still very much in development, this mod already has a fair amount of content to check out and explore, with several starting zones reminiscent of the original Fable, with atmospheric graveyards and dark and gloomy cliff-side paths, and much more to check out. This promising mod is certainly one to keep an eye on as new updates continue to roll out going into the future.
Fablewind By Tel Shadow
Along the mouth of the Thirr River, close open the coast of the Inner Sea, stands Old Ebonheart, the very heart of Imperial power, ideals and culture in the otherwise alien and foreign eastern province of Morrowind. Here you’ll find a thriving city, one of the largest in the province, where a busy port hosts both ships of trade and patrol vessels from the Imperial Navy, ever keeping a watchful eye for smugglers. Crowded streets play home to a variety of characters, from wealthy merchants and noble guilds, to artisans and craftsmen, as well as the typical dregs and sailors that can be found in any sizable port city. The thick and imposing walls of Old Ebonheart, along with Ebon Tower, a pillar of Imperial might stretching up into the heavens, is an assurance to all Imperial citizens that here, at least, Imperial law is observed and enforced, whatever else may happen in the rest of the province. Even so, danger still lurks in the shadows, and one must always be wary of turning down the wrong alley.
Outside the city’s walls, a traveler will find the lush Aanthirin region, home to both plantations and farms, as well as sparse forests along the Thirr River. Noted for its unique foliage, the Aanthirin region, on both sides of the Thirr River, is home to a number of small towns and settlements, like Dondril and Vhul on the eastern bank, as well as larger temple complexes like Roa Dyr and Almas Thirr further south. Despite the often scenic and idyllic river life of the Aanthirin, this region is the center of a brewing Great House war, rising up on the horizon. Great House Hlaalu has taken the western banks as their own, and they eye the eastern reaches of the Thirr with hungry eyes, where the Indoril still hold power, but for how long is anyone’s guess. Even without political troubles, an adventurer will find a number of Daedric shrines, ancient ruins, and smuggler’s caves throughout the Aanthirin, providing plenty to see and do, as well as plenty of danger.
Tamriel Rebuilt released Old Ebonheart and the eastern Aanthirin on July 31st, and you can play through this region today, including dozens of new quests and dungeons, and tons of new things to see and explore.
Today we finally have our 4-year anniversary episode of Morrowind Modding Showcases, featuring 13 mostly Morag-Tong themed mods for your viewing pleasure, including a number of mods that overhaul and expand this famous assassin’s guild in Morrowind. Go on new quests and adventures, explore new islands, and take advantage of a number of new and extremely useful gameplay mechanics in this special 70th episode of Morrowind Modding Showcases!
Episode 70 – Mod List and Download Links:
- Popular Mod of the Week – Threads of the Webspinner Completed By Curmudgeon and Vegtabill’s Threads of the Webspinner By Vegtabill
- House Mod of the Week – Morag Tong Grandmaster’s Quarters By Master Sam
- Gameplay Mod of the Week – Brutal Backstabbing By Merlord
- Dungeon Mod of the Week – Severa Magia DB Fix By Corsair83
- Items Mod of the Week – Morag Tong Armor By NazoX9
- Quests Mod of the Week – Morag Tong Expanded By Shuuda
- Landmass Mod of the Week – Castle Draco By Cuchulainn
- NPC Mod of the Week – Antares’ Big Mod By Arcimaestro Antares
- New Meshes and Textures Mod of the Week – New Black Hands Dagger By Kalamestari_69
- Modder’s Resource Mod of the Week – Hlaalu Furniture Pack By RubberMan
- Underrated Mod of the Week – Vivec Simple Assassin Home – MW Rebirth Compatible By Ash Poet
- Blast from the Past Mod of the Week – The Shrine of Mephala By Westly
- Bonus Mod of the Week – Morag Tong – Methas Hlaalu By Sladle