Author Topic: [Modder Claim] -- plot 34 -- LadyPhoenixFireRose  (Read 13853 times)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] -- plot 34 -- LadyPhoenixFireRose
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
Might need to need to upload the file so we can try to recreate the issue. I'm stumped by it to be honest.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »
Here, I think this is all you'll need, as it has no resources, and is my most up to date, changed landscape. The decor and other stuff are currently in a separate esp so that requires this one. Plus, for testing I think that it will really only get the way.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:02:18 PM by LadyPhoenixFireRose »
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:52 PM »
Okay. A couple of things:

1) the file is very dirty, specifically with extra cell references

CLEANING: "LPFR_LavaMoat&IceIsland_BlankSlate.ESP" ...
Loaded cached Master: <DATADIR>/morrowind.esm
Loaded cached Master: <DATADIR>/tribunal.esm
Loaded cached Master: <DATADIR>/bloodmoon.esm
Loading Master: modtown 2015_md_2015-07-15.001.esm
 Cleaned duplicate record (STAT): terrain_rock_ai_11
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-12, 3)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-12, 2)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-12, 1)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-13, 4)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-13, 3)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-13, 2)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-13, 1)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-14, 5)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-14, 4)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: bitter coast region (-14, 2)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: west gash region (-15, 7)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: wilderness (-15, -8)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: west gash region (-16, 8)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: west gash region (-16, 7)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: wilderness (-19, 15)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: wilderness (-19, 14)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: wilderness (-20, 15)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: wilderness (-28, 24)
 Cleaned junk-CELL: wilderness (-29, 23)
Output saved in: "LPFR_LavaMoat&IceIsland_BlankSlate.ESP"
Original backed up to: "<DATADIR>/tes3cmd/backups/LPFR_LavaMoat&IceIsland_BlankSlate.ESP"

Cleaning Stats for "LPFR_LavaMoat&IceIsland_BlankSlate.ESP":
                duplicate record:     1
                       junk-CELL:    19

2)  Even after cleaning the 19 junk cells, there are a LOT of cells in the file... I would expect a maximum of 6 given the island size and location. But after cleaning the 19 junk cells, there are still 38 left over... these need to be cleaned out.

This may not be the root of the problem you are experiencing, but it probably doesn't help. And it also sounds like you're maintaining multiple plugins to work on your claim? That could potentially be causing the reappearing objects you're seeing depending on the load order. I would recommend just keeping one esp for your claim.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:49:28 PM by Melchior Dahrk »

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »
*Face meets palm!*

I meant to clean it earlier, to see what that did but I completely forgot. As for the various other cells, I think that would be caused by moving items way out of my work zone. I'd delete those, if I knew exactly which cells are mine, as I don't fully understand how the cells work, so I'm not sure which to delete and which not to.

Okay as to the esp, I'm not really maintaining multiple esps for it, it's more of that each esp is a separate stage of development, so I can easily back track if I need to with out have to delete anything. The landscaping stuff in those pictures I posted are only in separate esp because they're to be merged into the next stage. Which I haven't done yet (mainly because when I was testing how everything looked in game I got side tracked with trying to fix the annoying reappearing trees and rocks), everything that is in that esp was made and completed after the one I gave you, and it changes nothing that is that esp. So as far as I am aware that shouldn't be an issue. I was still keeping only one esp for the active when I first started experiencing the issue.

On another note, would this cause issues with merging it into the rest of the file? Because if not, I'm going to ignore it and just go on with my mod. Because, at this point if cleaning doesn't fix it, I have no idea what will, other than a total restart (which I would rather avoid if I can).

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:07 PM »
I can help with identifying the cells. From looking at your plugin, it looks like you only really modify 23,49; 24,49; 23,48; and 24,48. Take a look and see if that makes sense to you.

Pro-tip: hit CTRL-B while in the render window to toggle cell borderlines. Can be helpful during certain activities.

Okay, so once you merge your new detailed esp with your old one (that you sent me), verify that the issue persists with the objects popping back up. If it does, make sure that you double check that they aren't now in the merged plugin file.

No need for a total restart. In the worst case scenario, I can fix it in the final merge.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »
Okay, so I cleaned. First TES3CMD (which for some reason got rid of 29 cells for me?), then with the Enchanted Editor, which I used to git rid of the remaining wilderness cells. I can say for sure that cleaning it did not fix my issue, though what I do know now is that some of those wilderness cells contain some of the rocks around my lava moat. So I need to work out just which cells those are, so I can avoid removing them in future.

I betting it will be, because it has persisted through several new esps. The first time I noticed it was when I was testing my bridge in game, one of the rocks it reverts to it orriginal place pokes through the end of the bridge on the side with my island. I didn't think of much of it at the time, assuming it was something easily fixable. It was when I totally cleared off my island that I found it to be a real issue, and well here we are.

Thanks for the tips, that will be a lot of help. Also, its good to know I won't have to restart.

Oh, and a not really related question, I noticed in the enchanted editor it says says I changed a lot of land textures. Which I think was because I did a lot of messing with before deciding which ones I liked. I'm betting if I used the Enchanted Editor do delete the ones I am using that would get rid of my changes, but if I deleted the rest of them it shouldn't harm  anything? I hope.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »
In general the LTEX references are no big deal from what I have found. You can delete the ones you know you don't use and shouldn't have any problems. Or leave them and you also probably won't have any problems. I've never heard of them causing incompatibility issues.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 02:00:57 PM »
Okay that's good to know. So I'll worry about them when I get to that point.

------

On a totally new note, since that is worked as best I can for time being. I have finally figured out why I'm having issues coming up with a good design for my house. And I'd have to say that my bridge is entirely to blame. To me, at least, that bridge is rather impressive, when you find an impressive bridge and cross if there is a house on the other side it has be at least just as impressive. So, actually designing my house may take some time. I keep starting on something, then I feel like it is not satisfactory.

Who knows, perhaps I might not even do an actual house. I might end up doing more like my garden in those pictures I posted on the previous page. Just thinking out loud here, and letting you all know what is going on with the mod.

-----

Edit, on another note, I was wrong that some of those rocks was outside the cells. I think what happened was I accidentally deleted them before, and didn't realize it. While the missing rock issue has now been fixed, and I know for sure that those four cells are the only ones I need to worry about, and I can safely delete the rest.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:41:21 PM by LadyPhoenixFireRose »

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »
It has now been confirmed that they are in the merged esp as well. So I guess my plan is ignore them, and move on with my mod. And when ever I want to take pretty screen shots in game, excessive use of the disable command.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
I'm curious about it, if you don't mind, send it my way and I'll take a peek at it. These sorts of things usually have an explanation (having worked on a large project for a long time, I know the CS can be glitchy at times, but MOST of the time, things happen for a reason).

Going on vacation in the morning, so maybe shoot me a message so it doesn't get buried. Anyway, talk to you later!

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 10:04:04 PM »
What exactly is you want? My latest esp? I just want to make sure I'm sending you the right thing if your going be gone for a while.

And vacation? Have fun! I want to go on vacation, but I haven't had much luck with finding an time were I can go.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 06:03:32 AM »
Yep, the esp. Time to finish getting packed. Later!

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
'Kay I'll pm you it then. Have fun!

------

So I have actually came up with a design I like for the exterior of my house. One that I feel actually does live up to the rest of my plot. With this I think that I am now mostly finished with the exterior of my claim. What I have left right is some error fixes, I noticed a couple of floating trees as walked through it, and I may decide to tweak it later. But for now I think I shall moving on to the interiors.

Here are some screenshots to see how it looks:

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »
I like how bizarre and nonsensical this is. Keep it up.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
I think it looks good, and it definitely has that nice eccentric quality to it.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder