Author Topic: [Modder Claim] -- plot 34 -- LadyPhoenixFireRose  (Read 16355 times)

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] -- plot 34 -- LadyPhoenixFireRose
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
Would it be alright if I were to do something like this:

I'm thinking that a lava moat can go a long way to towards warding off uninvited guest. I don't that I'll keep that design exactly, as that picture there is mostly just a proof of concept, and I'm not to satisfied with the wall of rock around it. But first things first, I want to make sure no one has any objections to making it, before I go any farther with it.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »
And here my NPC was gonna tell players that if they wanted to meet your avatar then they would have to take a swim.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
Swimming? Who wants to go swimming, moats of lava are so much more fun.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 09:43:53 PM »
Well we're not here to restrict you! Lol. Have fun.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
I think it's fine, this is a project where you can go crazy with your creativity after all. Though you might want to send a message to HangHimHigher and get his opinion on it, since he's your next-door neighbor on Plot #32. He might have some opinions about his ocean-front property facing a lava moat :P
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
Didn't think of that, I'll send him pm right away!

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »
So HangHimHigher gave me the go ahead to do what I want, so here is my mostly finished Lava Moat. I may tweak it more later, but for now I think this it what I'll be sticking with.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 09:21:41 PM »
Okay, progress! I think I am completely finished with my moat. Though, I still have a long way to go outside of that. I am still rather indecisive as to what tileset I want to build my house out of. Also, now added to my to do list is redoing the land decor, as I decided to go with an entirely new environment for my island. Here's a pick of my progress.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »
I'm having a weird issue with my island, in that things I've deleted keep showing back up in game. I am using the esm version of the mod, so that issue should have been solved. Could it be because I moved them, saved my esp and then later deleted them? That's the only reason I can think of, as only some of the trees and rocks show up again, and not all of them...

And in any case, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do about this?

Also, every time I test, I make absolutely sure that there are no other esps for modtown in effect, so I know that that is not the issue here.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 12:03:10 AM »
Are you using a save file from before the .esm was activated, or a newer save file? That might be the cause of the problem. My other guess would be distant land, but even then, the trees would re-disappear if you got close to them.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
Yeah, make sure that you're using a new save when testing.

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »
Brand new game every single time, in fact, I had made a new install for Morrowind just so I could work on this and not have wade through everything added to my other installs. I have nothing else added, save for Trunksbomb's Mod Testing CharGen and MGE-XE, and MGE-XE isn't even generating distant land, I only added it to get nicer screenshots. So when I test it the only mods active at all are: the one I'm testing, the CharGen one, and the esm for this. Oh, and I almost forgot, I have the patches for Morrowind active as well.

Could it be, that since I moved the original items, left them moved through several changes into new esps (I make a new esp every time I'm making a major change), and so I didn't actually delete them until esp that I actually changed my terrain in. Though, I almost forgot, I was having this issue back when it was just moved, I'd go in, test the changes and what I moved would still be where I put it, but there would also be some trees and rocks back in the original areas.

The only thing that I can think of, but I still don't know how that would work out, and why it never shows up in the editor, is that in the course of alternating esps I ended up making them read as separate items???

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »
On a totally new note, I have worked on the landscaping of my island, so now I can share some in game pics, as apposed to just showing you more birds-eye view pics from the editor. So here goes:

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »
So there is nothing but the Bethesda.esm's, ModTown2015.esm, modtestchargen.esp, and yourplot.esp active? And you're sure that your mod is still dependent on ModTown2015.esm (double check it in Mash)?

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
And Morrowind Patch v1.6.6 beta, I forgot to include that one in my list. Other than that, nothing at all. As for question, both Mash and the CS says it, and all the other esps for it, are dependent on MT2015.esm. But even if they weren't, shouldn't all the trees, rocks and whatnot be repopping up as apposed to just a few of them?

Edit, here are couple pics that show just how much stuff stick around. There are a few rocks that are off to the side that stick around, but that is about it. It's not much, but it is enough to be annoying. But that small amount is what really gets me, because I can't find any reason for it still be around especially as the rest of it is completely gone.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:06:29 PM by LadyPhoenixFireRose »