Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Plot 17 - MrFahrenheit39  (Read 1250 times)

MrFahrenheit39

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] Plot 17 - MrFahrenheit39
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »
Hey, looking to claim Plot #17. 

Gonna throw an imperial style house down on that lot. It's going to look pretty fancy, maybe have a statue in the front. The inside of the house will be decorated nicely. The catch is that the house is going to be infested with daedra worshippers.

The worshippers will seem like normal members of modtown. They'll wear nice clothes, some will have services like spells for sale and enchanting. The player won't suspect that there's anything evil going on. One member of the house might even feign innocence by acting as a healer selling potions. However, all of the members of the house are part of a secret daedric cult.

The house will have a secret passage leading to an underground dungeon with rooms including prison cells, a torture chamber, a sacrificial chamber, an altar to the princes, and a summoning chamber. When the player first enters the dungeon beneath the house, a member of the cult will force dialog with the player. If the player chooses to join the cult, he can reap the benefits of the dungeon. If he says that he won't stand for this dungeon, the player will be attacked by all the house members.

Here's a rough outline for the features

NPCs (9 total)

Race: Dunmer (My avatar!)
Class: Sorcerer
Level: 35
Services: Spells
Description: This NPC will be the leader of the cult. Before the player discovers the dungeon, the NPC will simply talk about being the head of a wealthy society which aids the poor. If the player discovers the dungeon and sides with the cult, the NPC will have some unique summoning spells available.

Race: Breton
Class: Alchemist
Level: 10
Services: An alchemist who has a few nice ingredients (marshmerrow, wickwheat, etc)
Description: This NPC will seem like a normal alchemist selling potions. However, this NPC will start selling Daedra Skin and other "evil" ingredients if the player sides with the cult.

Race: Imperial
Class: Healer
Services: Healing (talk to this npc, "Healing" topics will exist with this npc. Ie health for 25 gold, stats for 20)
Description: Appears to just be a kind healing npc. If the player sides with the cult, she will teach the player a spell to restore magicka at the cost of health.

Race: Altmer
Class: Enchanter
Level: 20
Services: Enchanting
Description: Appears to be a normal enchanter. If the player sides with the cult, this npc will start selling more "evil" enchanted items and better soul gems.

Race: Nord
Class: Warrior
Services: None
Description: Stands guard inside of the house. If the player sides with the cult, this npc will offer to sell the player an amulet (with a bound daedric effect).

Race: Dunmer
Class: Spellsword
Level: 15
Services: None
Description: Stands watch in the dungeon. If the player enters the dungeon, he is the one who asks if the player will join them.

Race: Argonian
Class: Nightblade
Services: Is in charge of the slaves
Description: Resides in the dungeon, he is the one who deals with the slaves. You can "buy" a slave off of him to sacrifice at the altar.

Race: Imperial (vampire)
Class: Monk
Level: 15
Services: Is in charge of torture chamber
Description: Is a vampire who resides in the dungeon. Worships Molag Bal. 

Race: Dunmer
Class: Mage
Services: Is in charge of the altar, shrine, and summoning chamber
Description: Explains how to use the altar to players

Shrine features:
Merely visiting the shrine confers the player a temporary weak buff (12 hours)
Leaving a specific ingredient at the shrine allows the player to receive a stronger buff from a specific daedric prince. (36 hours)

Altar features:
Choose a daedric prince to sacrifice to and receive a super strong buff (72 hours)

Summong Chamber features:
Place the proper ingredients in the summoning chamber to conjure a daedric minion who lasts a ridiculously long time. Ingredients for the summoning can be purchased from the Breton Alchemist NPC.

Rough building diagram

The healer will have a room with a few beds (for patients), a few bottles on the shelf, etc. The alchemist room will be where the alchemist is. The library will be a room with bookshelves filled with various books, some vanilla skillbooks, and some unique skillbooks thanks to Corprus! A stairway leads to the upstairs and basement. The second floor of the building will feature the rooms for the NPCs, my private room, and the office where all the official business is dealt with. The second floor will probably also have a large table for meetings. The basement will contain the storage area, a vault with some goods, and an old storage room. The old storage room will have a secret entrance to the Daedric dungeon below. My aim for the building is for it to just seem like the building for a philanthropic organization. The player will just think it's a society of fine folks until they find the secret entrance.

Update 1: Been really busy the past week and haven't been able to work on the mod. I've started working on the scripts for the summoning and sacrificial shrines today. I'm also going to make the NPCs today. (July 23rd)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:26:36 PM by MrFahrenheit39 »

Flash3113

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot 17 - MrFahrenheit39
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:20:48 PM »
I like the idea. Nothing quite like some undercover daedra worshippers. :D

MrFahrenheit39

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »
Thanks, I'm really going to try and make it seem like a society that is just concerned with the well-being of ModTown.

Until the player discovers the dungeon entrance, it's just going to seem like a really philanthropic place. The healer will be there to heal you. The apothecary will sell potions to you. The NPCs will talk of organizing events to benefit ModTown. There'll probably be a few skillbooks laying around in a "public library" section of the building for people to better themselves.

Their true nature will be revealed once the player uncovers the dungeon. If the player doesn't try to fight them, the player will then be able to learn dark spells, buy evil items, buy ingredients to summon daedra, sacrifice slaves, worship daedra, etc.

I'll probably stick a journal somewhere in my building that hints around to the idea that the society is using its philanthropic position to kidnap the poor for daedric sacrifices.

Flash3113

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »
I think friendly interaction with the worshippers is great. Daedra are in my opinion some
of the most interesting figures in established Elder Scrolls lore, so I really appreciate being
able to take on their side for once.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:39:38 PM by Flash3113 »

MrFahrenheit39

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 10:15:30 PM »
Thanks! The player is gonna have a simple choice once they uncover the shrine. Trying to destroy the cult will be a challenge! A few daedra will be spawned in the shrine and all of the NPCs will turn hostile against the player. Since they're Daedra worshipers, they'll all be equipped with some sort of daedric spell (summoning creatures / bound weapons).

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »
 Looks like you've already put a lot of thought into this, and the building plan is pretty well laid out. Looking forward to seeing more about this! :)
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder