Author Topic: ModTown 2015 - Landmass Planning  (Read 7515 times)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: ModTown 2015 - Landmass Planning
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 12:58:37 AM »
Seriously awesome work Melchior, I have no idea how you develop exteriors so quickly!

As for the naming ideas, I think Creatia sounds fine, though I'm up for other names as well.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 04:07:59 AM »
This looks great!

While playing around with my temple, it occured to me that you could use some of the plants from Tribunal alongside those found in the Ascadian Isles - making the island's flora different - even if slightly - from what we could find on Vvardenfell.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »
Seriously awesome work Melchior, I have no idea how you develop exteriors so quickly!

As for the naming ideas, I think Creatia sounds fine, though I'm up for other names as well.
Embrace the power of copy / paste / with-minor-tweaks.

I still like Creatia okay, but I'd like to discuss other options. I'll just throw out some names for thought starters.

Alteria Region --- Alteria Island Region
Creatia Region --- Creatia Island Region
Trandorra Region --- Trandorra Island Region
Modaco Region --- Modaco Island Region
ModTown Region --- ModTown Island Region

Or maybe we should stick closer to the '06 region name which I liked: Northreach or whatever?

This looks great!

While playing around with my temple, it occured to me that you could use some of the plants from Tribunal alongside those found in the Ascadian Isles - making the island's flora different - even if slightly - from what we could find on Vvardenfell.
Thanks! Yeah, I think I was subconsciously sticking with non-expansion content. But that is a good idea.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 12:13:34 AM »

Embrace the power of copy / paste / with-minor-tweaks.

I still like Creatia okay, but I'd like to discuss other options. I'll just throw out some names for thought starters.

Alteria Region --- Alteria Island Region
Creatia Region --- Creatia Island Region
Trandorra Region --- Trandorra Island Region
Modaco Region --- Modaco Island Region
ModTown Region --- ModTown Island Region

Or maybe we should stick closer to the '06 region name which I liked: Northreach or whatever?

That's a fairly good list of names there, I'll have to come up with a few to suggest myself, though coming up with names is one of my major weaknesses (usually I let a random name-generator do it for me).

Also, I believe you're thinking of ModTown 2011. ModTown 2006 was Emmosicz, a strange made-up name that doesn't mean anything I don't think. ModTown 2011 was the Northreach Community Project which fell apart after less than two months.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 12:15:14 AM »
Here's a quick run around the island. Obviously it's not finished yet, but I wanted people to get an impression for how it will feel and the general size.

https://youtu.be/p-JjvnmG560

Despite how it looks, the landmass and design are still fairly flexible, so feel free to offer critique. The goblin settlement was thrown in on a whim... I don't really want to remove it since I like the way it looks. But it could definitely be repurposed if desired to fit in with the theme.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:30:08 AM by Melchior Dahrk »

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 01:22:12 AM »
Looks great Melchior! I'm definitely in agreement with keeping the goblin settlement, we can probably tie it in with that "greater threat" for ModTown, as suggested for the faction storyline by HangHimHigher.

Danjb

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2015, 03:56:45 AM »
This is really amazing work!