Author Topic: Announcement: Slight Deadline Extension  (Read 1116 times)

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Announcement: Slight Deadline Extension
« on: August 01, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »
Alright, I know I said July 31st would be the last deadline for modder claims, but there's a few things I sort of forgot about. Namely I think a lot of people took this to mean that they had to get their claim 100% done within that time-frame, and that's really not what I meant. Regardless of whether your claim is incomplete, please post it in your claim thread. We mainly need to have a list of locations that are going to be in the game for dialogue and questing purposes, so claims don't need to be 100% finished right away. If you have the exterior finished and some of the interior work done (preferably at least half-done), we can probably still use it.

Likewise, I was going to go through the list of modders who haven't posted a status on their claims and send them reminders to submit their files, but I never quite got around to doing that, in part due to just getting preoccupied with other things, and partly because July has not been a good month for me for anything, so a lot of things got left on the backburner, and that's unfortunate since I want to give everyone at least a chance to get their files into the project (since this is a community project after all).

Anyway, I'm moving the deadline to August 12th, and I'll be messaging the remaining absentee claimants over the next three days, so hopefully that gives everyone enough time to submit their files. If you've already submitted your claims, I'd encourage you to submit ideas for quests you'd like to see in ModTown, since questing and dialogue will be the next, official, stage of the project after August 12th.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement: Slight Deadline Extension
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:04:36 AM »
Hey, does this mean, that since I still haven't been able to get my computer troubles worked out, if I submit the previews that I have already posted on here for the showcases I'll be able to finish them later? If I do get a working computer that I can work on with some time, say within this year? If so I'll add links to all the proper threads to where the latest previews can be downloaded from.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
Hey Darkelfguy and all too I suppose, hope everyone is well.  Sorry I have been away from the community for awhile, between my life going through a lot of bigger changes, losing a story for one of the displays that took me three hours to write due to a saving error and at times feeling like modding was becoming more toil than pleasure - not to mention my office becoming really hot in the summer and me hating the heat, I decided to step away for a bit.  As I recall, I submitted the most recent version of my mod claim which included Orin's Home For Impecunious Heroes, Orin's Tower and the pet shop. 

All of the exteriors for this claim are finished as far as I am concerned, though if people would like to add any detailing while doing the quest work, I definitely wouldn't be upset.  The interior for O'HIH is just about done.  I had planned to add a few NPC's that related to the adventuring paraphernalia on the table in the upstairs, as well as possessions belonging to them on and near some of the beds, but that is really it.  Oh, and of course there are the stories I was writing that explained the displays in the main hall, one of which I mentioned earlier that is just gone "sigh"  Orin's Tower I planned to add a lot to, but never got around to.  I spent - just a LOT of time working on the more secret areas in that cell (like my wife's sewing room) and didn't spend a lot of time doing the details in the tower itself.  As a result, it's pretty bare in some places, though the places I DID work on are finished.  Lastly, I had decided to leave the pet store as is, because i think I got way to ambitious for my own good on what I wanted to do with that.  I think it could make a great spot for a quest that might end with the player getting a pet, or perhaps just a place to buy pets (as I'd intended).  I understand that there are a few mods out there that deal with pets and how to set it all up, but I am just completely uninterested in learning how to muck with it.  It's also, I think,  just a neat  sort store to have around that is different from most places in a city. 

All of this being said, if I've been away for too long and my claim was offered to someone else who is more involved and dedicated, I completely understand.  If I am honest, I want to do more work on my mod (on the tower in particular) but I wouldn't make any commitment on my own part.  Sometimes I feel like I have to relearn how to use the CS every time I open it.  At any rate, I'm perfectly happy to hand what I've done with the mod off to you guys for quests and the like if you want to get started right away, or if there's time and I get some work on it done, I will resubmit.  Again, if my claim's been uh - REclaimed (heh), no harm no fowl.  I just didn't want to not have spoken about it. 

I'd just also like to say something that I am reminded of as I am writing this post.  The modding community for Morrowind and for ES in general are some of the most creative and talented people who's art I have ever seen.  I am grateful to have been able to see the creations that you've come up with that are still absolutely stunning and beautiful (even and especially in a game that is almost 15 years old).  I am also very grateful to  you Darkelfguy for making the Morrowind Modding Showcase videos that shared those creations with a much wider audience than they would normally have touched.  I mean, if I hadn't seen your videos and all the mods therein, I wouldn't have even thought about making my own mod.  So thanks a lot. 

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:26 PM »
Hey OrinDac,
Welcome back! Your claim has not been repossessed and is still available for you to make tweaks to. With Darkelfguy's deadline extension for submitting mostly finished claims to 8/12 there is still time to make some tweaks to your claim if you have the time/desire.

If not, feel free to shoot me what you have now and I will add it to the list to get merged in. What you have right now for your claim looks really good, so I am sure that anything else you were to include would only improve it further. :)

-MD

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:56:22 AM »
Cool...maybe I will finish some of the physical stuff actually.  Ad lighting or whatever.  See what happens.  Thanks MD. 

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »
Hey, does this mean, that since I still haven't been able to get my computer troubles worked out, if I submit the previews that I have already posted on here for the showcases I'll be able to finish them later? If I do get a working computer that I can work on with some time, say within this year? If so I'll add links to all the proper threads to where the latest previews can be downloaded from.

Aye, that would be fine, your previews would be all we really need to have in place before the questing stage, and you can come back and finish them whenever you've got time. There's no real deadline for the questing stage yet, just the vague "before the end of the year", so hopefully you'll be able to get your computer issues worked out before then.

Hey Darkelfguy and all too I suppose, hope everyone is well.  Sorry I have been away from the community for awhile, between my life going through a lot of bigger changes, losing a story for one of the displays that took me three hours to write due to a saving error and at times feeling like modding was becoming more toil than pleasure - not to mention my office becoming really hot in the summer and me hating the heat, I decided to step away for a bit.  As I recall, I submitted the most recent version of my mod claim which included Orin's Home For Impecunious Heroes, Orin's Tower and the pet shop. 

All of the exteriors for this claim are finished as far as I am concerned, though if people would like to add any detailing while doing the quest work, I definitely wouldn't be upset.  The interior for O'HIH is just about done.  I had planned to add a few NPC's that related to the adventuring paraphernalia on the table in the upstairs, as well as possessions belonging to them on and near some of the beds, but that is really it.  Oh, and of course there are the stories I was writing that explained the displays in the main hall, one of which I mentioned earlier that is just gone "sigh"  Orin's Tower I planned to add a lot to, but never got around to.  I spent - just a LOT of time working on the more secret areas in that cell (like my wife's sewing room) and didn't spend a lot of time doing the details in the tower itself.  As a result, it's pretty bare in some places, though the places I DID work on are finished.  Lastly, I had decided to leave the pet store as is, because i think I got way to ambitious for my own good on what I wanted to do with that.  I think it could make a great spot for a quest that might end with the player getting a pet, or perhaps just a place to buy pets (as I'd intended).  I understand that there are a few mods out there that deal with pets and how to set it all up, but I am just completely uninterested in learning how to muck with it.  It's also, I think,  just a neat  sort store to have around that is different from most places in a city. 

All of this being said, if I've been away for too long and my claim was offered to someone else who is more involved and dedicated, I completely understand.  If I am honest, I want to do more work on my mod (on the tower in particular) but I wouldn't make any commitment on my own part.  Sometimes I feel like I have to relearn how to use the CS every time I open it.  At any rate, I'm perfectly happy to hand what I've done with the mod off to you guys for quests and the like if you want to get started right away, or if there's time and I get some work on it done, I will resubmit.  Again, if my claim's been uh - REclaimed (heh), no harm no fowl.  I just didn't want to not have spoken about it. 

I'd just also like to say something that I am reminded of as I am writing this post.  The modding community for Morrowind and for ES in general are some of the most creative and talented people who's art I have ever seen.  I am grateful to have been able to see the creations that you've come up with that are still absolutely stunning and beautiful (even and especially in a game that is almost 15 years old).  I am also very grateful to  you Darkelfguy for making the Morrowind Modding Showcase videos that shared those creations with a much wider audience than they would normally have touched.  I mean, if I hadn't seen your videos and all the mods therein, I wouldn't have even thought about making my own mod.  So thanks a lot.

Hey Orin, no worries about your claim, as Melchior pointed out your claim is still available, and if you just want to submit what you have now, you can always come back later and update it (things like documents can always be added at a later date, and most claims are going to have quests/documents added in during the questing stage of development anyway), plus I know most of your claim is already finished anyway so it's probably all fine either way. Glad to have you back though! :)
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »

Aye, that would be fine, your previews would be all we really need to have in place before the questing stage, and you can come back and finish them whenever you've got time. There's no real deadline for the questing stage yet, just the vague "before the end of the year", so hopefully you'll be able to get your computer issues worked out before then.

Oh good, as I was feeling terrible about starting all these claims and being unable to finish them. So I'll go hunt them down and add the links.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks DEG.  I'm gonna devote some time to this tomorrow and post it here by Wednesday, as after that I will be incommunicado for about a week.   Or do I post it somewhere else?  Thanks again guys.   

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 06:47:21 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks DEG.  I'm gonna devote some time to this tomorrow and post it here by Wednesday, as after that I will be incommunicado for about a week.   Or do I post it somewhere else?  Thanks again guys.
I'm not sure if DEG has the servers working so that you can upload here. If not, you can send it to my email
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:58:32 AM by Melchior Dahrk »

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 04:00:04 PM »
Gonna try uploading here, but will also send it to you direct, MD.  Thanks a lot again.  I did a bit here and there.  Touched some things up.  Added some items and a lot of writing with the descriptions on the store museum displays.  Added the cook, Melo, whoo I have zero dialogue for.  Would really like to do more, but just don't have the time right this minute.  At any rate.  All exteriors are done, all interior structures and furnishings are done - with the exception of maybe some lighting in the halls which I never got to, but could later if need be and pretty much all writing done.  One of the things that I never got to, but that could be good fodder for quests and the like is NPCs in OHIH that are on-hard-times, or just starting out adventurers.  Could be a neat companion thing, I dunno.  Don't know how to do that stuff.  If anyone has the head for that stuff, please feel free.  Thanks again, you guys and have a great weekend and a wonderful day!

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 06:31:37 PM »
I'm not sure what's happening with the project right now. Hasn't been any updates in a while. Is there anything further I can help with? I've advanced a lot as a modder, with Oblivion Uncut, Statlilia Stables and Skyrim's Opening Scene Overhaul, so if help is needed I just want people to know I'm here! :P Any chance I'd be able to re-edit some dialogue for my 'avatar' character? It's outdated and I'd like to tweak a few lines. And I remember I missed a typo as well for another npc. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being petty, I'm a perfectionist and a little OCD so yeah... xD
"Oh for the love of Akatosh, would everyone just calm down!?" - Martin Septim

Turelek

• Community Secretary
  • The one and only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 07:28:23 PM »
Go ahead and work on it. I want to get this project rolling under a new name, ModTown 2015 doesn't work anymore in ... 2017.
Modding since 2008. Happy to be a part of the Morrowind Modding Commune.

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 11:46:18 AM »
Well, I've fixed bugs, and typos, corrected lighting issues, added lots of new interiors and npcs, fixed both quests, added loads of new dialogue and further developed the back story of the village. This update vastly improves the original and I can finally say I'm proud of it. :) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0-0A1DpWI6ZLXVZcnMyV2ZJWGc I hope that's ok Turelek, I don't want to cause problems by adding lots of new stuff :P (I just got REALLY carried away xD)
"Oh for the love of Akatosh, would everyone just calm down!?" - Martin Septim

Turelek

• Community Secretary
  • The one and only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
No problem, I've updated my own plot a considerable number of times before settling myself. I apologize on behalf of my late reply.
Modding since 2008. Happy to be a part of the Morrowind Modding Commune.