Author Topic: Roll call!  (Read 1232 times)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Roll call!
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »
Melchior Dahrk here.

Darkelfguy, how are you recruiting for this? Sending messages? At some point, we should make a post about it for any modders who might be lurking on the official forums. We want everyone to be included (as I'm sure you are already intending). I assume we might want to wait for that until we have the city planned out so that they can jump right into making claims.

Also, feel free to move this to a "General Discusion" sub-forum... just thought it'd be nice to get a roll call outside of the impersonal member list.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: Roll call!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 02:43:52 AM »
Aye, I'm sending messages. About 20 people have been contacted about ModTown so far, most seem interested but have been holding back from posting for some reason. I'd prefer to wait to make an official announcement on the main forums until after we have all the core planning done in order to avoid the mistakes of past ModTowns. After all, too many of them rushed into recruitment before planning had really been solidified. Our chances of success are much greater if we announce and people can start making claims immediately instead of waiting for the planning process.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:10:12 AM »
I totally agree. I'll spread the word behind the scenes with some of the people I message regularly as well. Just to see if we can get some more discussion here. I don't want us to direct the core of the mod with input from only 3-4 people... and I'm sure the rest of you guys don't either. Although I think we all have a pretty good grasp on what we think would make it good. But we want plenty of perspectives.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:34:23 AM »
Very true, more perspectives is always a good idea. Hopefully more people will start chiming in.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

MauiEyes

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
Count me in :)
I'd be happy to work on some miscellaneous quests for Modtown.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
More quests will always be welcome! I almost have the landmass complete and will be uploading it soon for us to enter the next phase of plotting the city, adding NPCs, quests, etc. But there's nothing stopping you from writing up some miscellaneous quests right now!

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »

Great to hear you're on board, MauiEyes! Feel free to start up a few threads with quest designs or ideas to work from! I'm still working on the faction-quest design, but if you're interested in designing any quests for that, feel free to pitch your thoughts on it! :)