Author Topic: So Bad News  (Read 1058 times)

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
So Bad News
« on: June 29, 2016, 03:10:25 AM »
It seems that issue with my laptop is not easily fixable, if it is fixable at all. I am currently looking into having it replaced through its warranty. I hope to be able to get my stuff off of it so I don't end up losing everything, but how knows how long any of that will take. As it I might very well be stuck with turning what previews I have on here, which aren't remotely finished, save for my bakery and Gaur Cart, all that one really needs is a bit of dialogue for the guars. As is any work I am doing for modtown is on hold. I hope that I'll be able to finish my projects, but currently that doesn't look too promising.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
Re: So Bad News
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »
That is an unfortunate setback, especially with how many hours you put into them.  :-[ Hope it is indeed fixable or that you can get your files back on a new computer. In the meantime if you are indeed able to put your WIPs up here, that could work as a backup so when you are able to mod again you can pick up where you left off.

Lefok

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
That sounds absolutely terrible.  :( I hope you can at least save your files from this unfortunate event.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:41:36 PM »
I hope you're able to recover the files. I've had this happen in the past, and it's possible to get a case to plug the Hard Drive into to retrieve files yourself if it isn't bad.

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 01:49:08 AM »
I agree with the sentiments of others...I dearly hope you can recover your work on your project.

If you have a second computer, I would recommend keeping your files backed up on both machines.  I recommend a program called "Free File Sync" which can monitor any number of pairs of folders, even across a network, and auto-magically update files across them both.  That way, no matter whether your laptop fails, or your desktop PC, whetever your current project is, you've got a current version...or as current as your most recent synchronization, anyways.

Check it out:

FreeFileSync.org

Lenngoti

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 02:08:19 AM »
I want to get information about this very much. Please help me