Author Topic: Modder Claims Guideline - Please Read!  (Read 9275 times)

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: Modder Claims Guideline - Please Read!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 12:44:18 PM »
Was the Temple that istreddify was working on ever uploaded? Who's working on that now?
I don't think I uploaded anything more than those showcase wips - forgot about it when my RL problems started. In the meantime my laptop fried itself, so I don't even have anything more to upload (making backups wasn't exactly on my mind).

Also, as I said in my claim thread, consider my plot unclaimed - I haven't been able to get back into modding yet, and I can't say when I will...

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »
I definitely did not put that there, as 1) I've yet to submit anything to be merged with the master file, and 2) the entrance to The Assembler's Lab has always been meant to be at the peak of the mountain. I COULD use it as a back door, but I would rather that someone else make use of it. Unless we want to make a smuggler's cave that got invaded by bone monsters there.

Also, hate to make you update it yet again, but Plot 22 isn't marked in the master file. As in, there's no number showing up where it should be.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
Dungeon #3 was part of Fulgore's plot, he has an entrance to his ebony mines that lead down to a bunch of Dwemer ruins there.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »
I don't think I uploaded anything more than those showcase wips - forgot about it when my RL problems started. In the meantime my laptop fried itself, so I don't even have anything more to upload (making backups wasn't exactly on my mind).

Also, as I said in my claim thread, consider my plot unclaimed - I haven't been able to get back into modding yet, and I can't say when I will...
No! It's gone completely? That really is a shame. I could have sworn I looked at your earliest one before you started working on the cavern though; but maybe it was just the pictures.

And I thought that was the case with your claim, but I didn't want to drop it to 'unclaimed' right then as I wasn't certain. I sincerely hope that you're being able to deal with the RL events, istreddify; I miss your blunt commentary on certain topics.

I definitely did not put that there, as 1) I've yet to submit anything to be merged with the master file, and 2) the entrance to The Assembler's Lab has always been meant to be at the peak of the mountain. I COULD use it as a back door, but I would rather that someone else make use of it. Unless we want to make a smuggler's cave that got invaded by bone monsters there.

Also, hate to make you update it yet again, but Plot 22 isn't marked in the master file. As in, there's no number showing up where it should be.
No, I know you didn't. It was in the original landmass file that I made. If you don't want to use it in your dungeon, then I will just assign it a new #. Maybe Fulgore would be interested in having one of his paths leading out to it. Or else it can be for anything else really. We need to keep in mind though that, at the moment, the only way to get to the Tower of Baelgon is either levitation or across the bridge from that cave.

Yeah, I never intended to mark 22. 24 was not marked either; I just commandeered it for JMK's plot.

Dungeon #3 was part of Fulgore's plot, he has an entrance to his ebony mines that lead down to a bunch of Dwemer ruins there.
Thank you! I could not, for the life of me, remember who it was for.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 02:25:12 PM »
You know what? I'm going to go ahead and claim that cave. I got an Autotower quest I can use it for now that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
No! It's gone completely? That really is a shame. I could have sworn I looked at your earliest one before you started working on the cavern though; but maybe it was just the pictures.
Not completely - what I shared via dropbox as previews still exists - this was the last one.

And I thought that was the case with your claim, but I didn't want to drop it to 'unclaimed' right then as I wasn't certain.
I was rather specific in my thread ;P

Forgot about this - unclaiming.

I sincerely hope that you're being able to deal with the RL events, istreddify; I miss your blunt commentary on certain topics.
I'm managing - somehow. Though the whole situation had a positive side effect - all the stress and such made me lose a decent bit of weight ;) Still, can't say I'm unhappy that this year is finally ending - the last few months were just about the worst I've ever had...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:27:18 PM by Istreddify »

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Not completely - what I shared via dropbox as previews still exists - this was the last one.
Alright, well at least I am not crazy. Thanks for sharing the link again.

I was rather specific in my thread ;P
Hey, so I'm an optimist holding out hope! :P

I'm managing - somehow. Though the whole situation had a positive side effect - all the stress and such made me lose a decent bit of weight ;) Still, can't say I'm unhappy that this year is finally ending - the last few months were just about the worst I've ever had...
Looking on the bright side! I know I am looking forward to the new year. I had my own stress this year that I hope will be dissipating quickly next year. Well, if things do calm down for you next year, don't be a stranger!

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 05:08:07 PM »
At least I'm not crazy...

*cough*8 years*cough

;D

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 06:35:45 AM »
Alright, well at least I am not crazy.
That's... debatable. After all, some claim old Sheo is the Patron of modders and modding...

Hey, so I'm an optimist holding out hope! :P
I'm somewhere between a realist and a pesimist, so that's not something I usually take into consideration ;)

Looking on the bright side! I know I am looking forward to the new year. I had my own stress this year that I hope will be dissipating quickly next year. Well, if things do calm down for you next year, don't be a stranger!
I'll certainly try - we shall see how things turn out.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »
*cough*8 years*cough

;D
That's... debatable. After all, some claim old Sheo is the Patron of modders and modding...
Yes, well... I suppose I can't argue with that.  ;D

I'm somewhere between a realist and a pesimist, so that's not something I usually take into consideration ;)
I suppose that if I'm not dealing in absolutes, I am slightly weighted towards the realist spectrum as well. Kinda hard not to be in my profession.

I'll certainly try - we shall see how things turn out.
*applies dose of optimism*

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »
Minor updates to claims map:

Relinquished plot #37
Split up plot 4a and 4b into plots 4 and 5. Autoclock expressed interest in claiming both.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 12:18:49 PM »
Technically, I already owned Dungeon 4, since the heart of Lil' Red Mountain is where The Assembler's Lab has always been located, not to mention that an exterior has long been in the plans, as well.

Also, is there any kind of foundation to build upon for Plot 37? I don't want it, I just want to know how much work is going to be needed on the part of whoever does.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:23:59 PM by Autoclock »

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »
Plot 37 is just a modder plot. The one Istreddify was making his Telvanni buildings on before.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »
Sorry, what I meant to ask is if Istreddify can supply the next claimant with his files, to cut down on development time.

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »
Sorry, what I meant to ask is if Istreddify can supply the next claimant with his files, to cut down on development time.
Unfortunately, I can't.

In the meantime my laptop fried itself, so I don't even have anything more to upload (making backups wasn't exactly on my mind).