Author Topic: [Dwemer Ruin Claim] Mzark Arkngleft - Fulgore  (Read 1007 times)

Fulgore

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[Dwemer Ruin Claim] Mzark Arkngleft - Fulgore
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
Dungeon Name: Mzark Arkngleft (the starting cell is Yanith-Duniasha Mine)
Dungeon Summary: The player steps inside what seems to be an ordinary Ebony mine and gets attacked by the few survivors of a large group of ebony smugglers. The mine is nothing more than a path which leads to a huge lava chasm and two Dwemer ruins. Both of them are locked and require particular keys to be accessed. Once the player has found the key to the secondary ruin (Fahl-Enduthamz), they have to go through its Outer Facility and then through the Citadal in order to retrieve the key to the main ruin (Mzark Arkngleft). Once the key has been retrieved, The player has to go back and unlock the doors to the main ruin. Again, after more fights and exploration, the player finally reach the end of the dungeon where he finds a functioning forge. To be able to use it and craft items the player must find and equip the Armorer's Bracers and the Armorer's Hammer. Also they must learn how to craft each armor part and weapon by figuring out the content of old Dwemer books. This happens only if they meet the required level in armorer and if their intelligence is high enough.

Dungeon Architecture: A mix of Pycave, Dwemer Ruins and Mudcave tilesets
Modder Resources in-use (yes/no): No
Number of Planned Interiors: 6
Includes Quests (yes/no): Yes, 2 of them. The main one is called Ebony and Brass, the secondary one is called Bug Fixing. They both have different journal entries according to the player's actions
Includes NPCs/Creatures (yes/no): Yes
Progress: 100% Complete
Number of Finished Interiors: 6
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:54:46 AM by Fulgore »

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: [Dwemer Ruin Claim] Mzark Arkngleft - Fulgore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »
Wow, seriously impressive work Fulgore! Are those Dwemer ruin blocks that you've used in that last shot to create a cavern pathway? Simply brilliant, that really looks amazing! :)
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Fulgore

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »
Thanks Darkelfguy! And yes, I've used Dwemer ruin blocks to create that pathway. I've used them a bit everywhere where I needed something that resembled roads or paths. Oh and I've preferred to used rocks and boulders rather than cave pieces to give my claim a bit more of a unique look. Also I forgot to mention there's an hidden area in one of the cells where people will find my avatar. It's the place I like the most but no screenshots so far because I first want to give it a few final touches and try something a bit out of ordinary. How about a sort of self-building level?

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »
A self-building level? Color me intrigued.

Also, you just make simply amazing levels, Fulgore. Totally blown away. Is that pillar thing in the first screenshot all vanilla assets? I seriously cannot figure out what vanilla mesh could make the core of it...

Fulgore

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 04:14:14 AM »
No promises about the self building level, but I'll do anything I can to pull it off. I hope fps won't be too bad.

The pillar thing is a Dwemer Coherer Charger. Those items will be needed to unlock parts of the dungeon. The core of the machine is a couple of "in_dwe_turbine00_exp" scaled down a little, a couple of powerbox meshes and lots of pipes. Also a few cranks the player will have to turn to operate the thing. Everything you see in my screenshots is vanilla assets only.

Here's an editor shot of the machine
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64126049/MW%20Screenshots/Fulgornia07.jpg

And here you can see a pic of the whole level. The selected area is where the machine is located, the part on the right is where people will find me. I've never posted a screenshot of that area before and I've asked Darkelfguy not to show it in a video because I wanted it to be an easter egg.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64126049/MW%20Screenshots/Fulgornia06.jpg

Fulgore

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 09:58:30 AM »
I have attached my dungeon to the first post. I have also edited a bit the dungeon description. Unfortunately no self-building level because fps is already not that great and scripting the movement of a few dozens statics one by one turned out to be too much time consuming.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:30:04 AM by Fulgore »