Author Topic: Haven't introduced myself yet. Hey!  (Read 1216 times)

Dormichigan64

• Outlander
    • View Profile
Haven't introduced myself yet. Hey!
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »
I just realized that I haven't introduced myself yet, so hello and this is me:

I'm a Japanese/Canadien guy who lives in Kingston, Ontario. I really started to mod Morrowind after joining the TR team. I've made a ton of mods and still am, but I've only uploaded one mod...  :P

My Morrowind is, at the moment, in an unplayable state, so you won't see much of my modding until I fix it.

Est-ce que vous avez des questions?
"Creativity is intelligence having fun" - Albert Einstein

|\_/|
(*.*)
(><)~

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Haven't introduced myself yet. Hey!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »
Nice to greet you, Dormichigan! I just noticed that your name includes Michigan; not sure how I missed that before... previous ties to the state, perhaps? I'm a Michigander myself.

Seems pretty common for TR modders to not have uploaded many of their own mods. Given that so much time is poured into that project, we assume. :D

Well stop procrastinating and fix that installation!

I like the look of your Balmora Expanded mod so far! Especially the built in walkways above the buildings.

Dormichigan64

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
I have nothing to do with the US at all. The name just kinda... came, you know?

TR mods in little bits, and it's easier for me to do just one interior at a time, I guess.

I will fix it at soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that I just have waaaaaaay too many mods installed. I just can't choose which ones to keep! Once you install good mod, it's hard to uninstall.

Thanks! The reasoning behind the walkways is because I think of Balmora as a shady town, sorta like Riften, with the Thieves Guild and the Commona Tong and all that jazz.
"Creativity is intelligence having fun" - Albert Einstein

|\_/|
(*.*)
(><)~

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »
No, I have no idea how you randomly combine those letters on that order! :D

I would recommend keeping a separate install of the game for modding purposes. I have "Morrowind" for playing on and "Moddowind" for modding on (i know, I am so clever) as well as an install for Lyithdonea development and one with lots of graphics mods for screenshots. Well, I also have a Steam and GOG installation as well... Hmm, I might have a problem.

Do you plan to have some more vertical design to make use of the walkways? Maybe a path over the western hill to the BC. Or maybe ways to jump down into courtyards... Just some thoughts.