Author Topic: [Evil Volcanic Lair Claim] The Assembler's Lab - Autoclock  (Read 3073 times)

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
Re: [Interior Claim] Citadel Darkmarrow
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »
These new creatures look awesome!

Thanks.

PROGRESS REPORT: All the bone monsters are finished. I had to cut a few of them, six in fact, but the four I've shown off will be joined by bone spiders, which makes three grounded and two fliers. The Scavengers will be flying around the top of Lil Red Mountain like a bunch of big-ass crows, with a couple of Drednoughts somewhere on the slopes. The others will be roaming the tunnels and the citadel, which, BTW, I will be starting on tonight. I do have some more furniture that I could stand to make, but I don't need that stuff right now, so I'm going to go ahead and move on without it.

As for why I cut a bunch of bone monsters, mostly I want to get my contribution to MT2015 finished sooner rather than later. The less time I spend building monsters I don't really need, the more time I can spend making a couple of really good interiors. I also have some short books to write, journals and stuff that belong to The Assembler, meant to inject a bunch of lore. There's a lot of really big things that could be done with the character that don't fit in the context of MT2015, so I'm just going to talk about them with in-game books. Bethesda does it, after all.

For an example of what I'm talking about, when you're walking around inside the citadel, you're actually inside of the Bone Leviathan, a bone monster so enormous and powerful that if it ever so much as stood up, Lil Red Mountain would disappear. There's so many tunnels and caves inside the mountain that literally the only thing holding it up is the Leviathan.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »
Been awhile since I paid attention to this project of mine. Let's fix that, shall we?

Since we're not releasing MT2015 until March, and my NifSkope skills have grown considerably in the past few months, and I could really stand to get away from Autotower for a bit, and I'm not really satisfied with this claim, I'm re-doing The Assembler's Lab (that's the new name for this claim). It will still incorporate the tileset I created, but that will just be the beginning part of the lab itself. I've already started on the cave which serves as the lab area, I have its design all worked out already, so it should only take about a week to put together. Then will come the network of bony tunnels that lead to the lab.

Prepare your torches and spells, it's about to get spooky up in here.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 09:56:21 AM »
Looking forward to it!

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 01:28:20 AM »
Pic of my progress is in the Gallery, so go check it out.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »
Two more pics of re-done Assembler's Lab in the Gallery. It has some issues still, but they're minor (mostly need to adjust things to make it easier to navigate), and I need a break from modding, so I'm going to wait until the November progress video before I resume with anything.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 12:46:55 AM »
Final revision of The Assembler's Lab is well under way. Got a new pic of its progress in the Gallery, so be sure to check that out and let me know what you think. New lore is that The Assembler moved into a crumbling Daedric ruin long ago, and uses his spooky creations to hold the place together. There will be way more to the place one day, but the overall design isn't going to change any further, I promise.

Also, if DEG would kindly move this to the dungeon area where it should've been posted to begin with, that would be swell.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:20:45 PM by Autoclock »

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: [Evil Volcanic Lair Claim] The Assembler's Lab - Autoclock
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 06:26:18 PM »
That looks really awesome. That green underglow is spot on to set the atmosphere!

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 06:40:38 PM »
Thank you. I need to retexture the Soul Machine, though, it's not looking too good under that light.