Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Plot 25 - Crankgorilla  (Read 2149 times)

Crankgorilla

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] Plot 25 - Crankgorilla
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:52:23 AM »
I'm late to this party. I think plot #25 is vacant.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:45:56 AM by Crankgorilla »

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot# ?? - Crankgorilla
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »
Why don't you take Plot 22? You'll be on High Street, where all the cool people are.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Crankgorilla

• Outlander
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot 25 - Crankgorilla
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:29:41 AM »
Where abouts is lot 22? I've got the CS open and I'm looking for a map in the forums.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:49:51 AM by Crankgorilla »

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot #15 - Crankgorilla
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:37:45 AM »
Where did you get the master file you're looking in? Because it should come from here: http://darkelfmodding.com/forum/index.php/topic,17.0.html

Crankgorilla

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:45:22 AM »
Ok, I got the 3mb ModTown 2015_MD_2015-07-15.001.

I might go with lot 25 instead. It's much more compact. I'll have a look as to what flavour you want from the area.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:49:36 AM by Crankgorilla »

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:49:28 AM »
Probably for the best, since apparently Plot 22 isn't marked in the file itself, only on the claims map. I'll bring that up to Melchior Dahrk, he'll know more about what might have happened there than me.

Don't feel like you have to match anything, just do whatever comes to you. That's why there's a freaky floating tower across the street from the future site of a comfy mansion.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 05:35:55 AM »
Hey, welcome to the project Crankgorilla, great to have you on board! I know our claims map is a bit of a mess right now, we're working on an updated version (assuming Melchior ever finds his Morrowind disc), but the map in this thread roughly shows where some of the claims in the updated masterfile are, in case you want a different claim than plot #25. Looks like I forgot to update the ModTown masterfile downloads, the current version you have is out of date, let me just fix the download links real quick...
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Crankgorilla

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 05:44:49 AM »
Thanks for organising such a great a great project!

I'm already on a build. Anything constructed can be shifted later to the final edit. I'm new to this site so over the next few days I'll investigate more for submission details and timelines. :)

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 05:47:22 AM »
Thanks for organising such a great a great project!

I'm already on a build. Anything constructed can be shifted later to the final edit. I'm new to this site so over the next few days I'll investigate more for submission details and timelines. :)

Alright, that should be fine too! We actually still have a lot of people using an older version of ModTown, including myself for my own claims, so I doubt there'll be any problems! Just thought I'd point out the new file in case you wanted a different claim.

In any event, good luck and happy modding! :)
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
Welcome Crank, Glad to see you taking an interest in the new Modtown effort. If you would like for one of my NPCs to mention something about you in her dialog please leave it in a comment in this thread. I will then add it to my growing list of dialog (wonders why the list is not shrinking any) to enter into my claim. At any rate you always have something fun, and amazing to see, so I can't wait to see what you do with your claim.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

Crankgorilla

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »
Thanks Drakkmore.  ;D

I do have a query though. i mentioned the flavour on what was wanted and I went ahead and built something new but I worry as to whether it will fit in at all. Should I redesign on a different tileset? I can always use this current build in another release if it too conflicting but I should ask the question before I go too much further.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:58:18 PM by Crankgorilla »

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »
As I implied earlier, in Mod Town 2015, there's no such thing as not fitting in. We have Nordic houses covered in giant magic roots. We have a volcano with a crazy guy obsessed with bones living in it. We have an island of ice and fire. Right next to your plot is a Daedric portal set into part of an Imperial fort. The Mages Guild is underground, with a giant floating light rig on the surface leading down to a veritable shopping center. The Consortium HQ is the definition of WTF.

You could cover that Redguard-style house in polka dots and have anime characters living in it if you wanted to, and no one would complain. And if they do, they're getting fed to the local Giant.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »
No issue whatsoever with the set you used. We're all doing something differently. The city doesn't need to be coherent after all.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
It would be boring if all the buildings matched anyway. This is the place, more than any other, to let loose.

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »
Right make what ever you want Crank, I've got a nice representative of my RL house just beyond the afore mentioned Giant in the background of your screenshot. Not to mention the fender guitar I made inside the house. You can not go wrong with what ever you build on your plot. It's your plot do what you want with it.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126