Author Topic: [Misc Quest] A Fiendish Means of Love - Quest Design Document  (Read 1514 times)

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
[Misc Quest] A Fiendish Means of Love - Quest Design Document
« on: December 12, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »
Hey guys, know I haven't been around much lately, but I'm looking to start work on the quest side of things for ModTown and thought I'd get started by converting a bunch of the quests I did for Tales of the Ascadian Isles over to ModTown to add a little meat in the random questing department. Most of these quests will require very little tweaking to fit into ModTown, they might need some additional dialogue and minor word replacement, but otherwise they should prove modular enough to port into the ModTown project.

Anyway, I've included the first quest design document here. Before I actually implement it, I was hoping someone might be willing to go through and proof-read it. The document was originally written a while back and I'm not so sure if all of the writing should be kept, or if parts ought to be re-written or scrapped to sound less cheesy.

In total, there were 28 quest design documents written for Tales of the Ascadian Isles before the project was abandoned, I estimate that at least 15 of these could be easily ported into ModTown to add extra content, including three or four already finished dungeons.

But in any event, as with any type of creative writing, these quests really need some peer-review before getting added to the project, so let me know what you guys think about this first quest!

PS: The quest document isn't quite as organized as the one I did for Let's Mod Morrowind, because it wasn't really meant for public consumption, so if you have any difficulty understanding the layout, please let me know.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: [Misc Quest] A Fiendish Means of Love - Quest Design Document
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:21:04 PM »
I'll try to proofread it. The initial premise sounds like it'll be a fun quest.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 12:00:57 AM »
Very interesting, of course the location where the quest takes place will be changed to ModTown 2015, correct? And this is all personal opinion but I think the name "Baragon" should be changed, (maybe). It sounds a lot like "Baelgon" from Melchior Dahrk's Daedric Tower claim. Unless they're secret cousins, of course ...  :P

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »
Hmm, one issue I just thought of while going through this... you need a Daedra heart and so the first place people will go for one is the Tower of Baelgon. But they'll be surprised by what they find there. Obviously I can add a few Kagouti to the wilderness areas but for Daedra... hmmm.

As far as Baragon vs. Baelgon. I don't think there's much of an issue. Baragon sounds like a Bosmer name while Baelgon is an amalgamation of Daedric ruin name morphemes.

But yeah, Suran --> ModTown. And some of the directions will need to be modified.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:45:31 AM »
Alright, thanks guys! I'll get to work updating this quest, I also noticed some grammatical issues when proof-reading, so I'll try fixing some of that up as well. I'll probably stick with the Baragon name, since it's a pretty standard fare Bosmer name (generated by a Bosmer name generator no less), I don't think there'll be any confusion.

Anyway, I should have this implemented by next week, I'll post the file here when finished.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »
I did start doing some proofreading but got distracted by making the Mages Guildhall. But I did just remember that you have a Daedric ruin for the project too. So maybe the questgiver could hint at them getting the heart there?