Author Topic: [NPC] Any Requests?  (Read 895 times)

Mafilux

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[NPC] Any Requests?
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »
I've only just heard about this project and would like to help. Though I have no idea how to personally create and design mods I do have a knack for writing, so if any one needs help writing for their particular NPCs or just general NPCs I'd be willing to assist in that! You can email me or leave a response here if you would like to utilize my services.

~Maf

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
Re: [NPC] Any Requests?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
I think what we could use right now are random townsfolk, NPCs who wander the streets and inhabit the common buildings, to really fill the place with life. It would be great if November's progress video had lots of NPCs walking around.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Mafilux

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:44:08 AM »
Well I've just learned how to make a basic NPC so I can do that. Any specific/generic dialogue options I should use?

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
Make sure they have plenty to say about the different types of structures in Mod Town. Give them different opinions, have them issue directions to places the player might like to go, stuff like that. Don't be afraid to get silly, either, like when the bone monsters start attacking people, have some NPCs be all: "This is 2spooky4me."

Mafilux

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 12:20:25 PM »
Alright cool, I'll try and get some of it done today. Is there a comprehensive list, or available ESP files for the structures, or for ModTown itself? It'll be much easier to figure things out this way.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »
I recommend studying the latest progress video, it does an excellent job of showcasing what's been added to the island thus far.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
Welcome aboard! And thank you for the contribution that you have made already! Don't forget to write up some dialogue for an avatar of yourself (even if you don't want to make a home, you could be placed anywhere you like).

As Autoclock said, I think that looking at the latest status video would definitely help. Have you downloaded the latest landmass file? It doesn't have everything that Darkelfguy shows in the video because it has not all been merged in yet, but it might help with a few things. And, of course, if you have any questions, suggestions or ideas then FIRE AWAY!

-MD

Mafilux

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
Oh thanks MD that's what I was looking for actually. It'll be much easier to come up with certain dialogues if I know where everything is situated. Probably have some more ideas and etc by tomorrow! Where on the world map is the island located in game? I'd like to have a first hand look around instead of using the CS editor.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:11:11 PM by Mafilux »

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »
Oh thanks MD that's what I was looking for actually. It'll be much easier to come up with certain dialogues if I know where everything is situated. Probably have some more ideas and etc by tomorrow! Where on the world map is the island located in game? I'd like to have a first hand look around instead of using the CS editor.
It's north of Vvardenfell. But the fastest/bestest way to get there is to type this into the console: 'coc "ModTown 2015"'