Author Topic: [Modder Claim] No plot number...just building a hill.....  (Read 3663 times)

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] No plot number...just building a hill.....
« on: October 04, 2015, 03:28:57 AM »
While the exterior location is being decided for me (I hope!)

Here are some views of my "Interior"......

Archeitecture Style: mixed re-textured Daedric, along with one Telvanni pod.  Mostly exterior-looking stuff, tho.  It's always sunny in the Outer Realms, you know!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:35:49 AM by the SASS Man »

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] No plot number...just building a hill.....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:30:12 AM »
More pics....

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 03:37:51 AM »
And more pics....

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:14:36 AM »
Hey SASS Man, welcome to the project! :)

Screenshots look great, and if you need a hill, there's quite a few around that aren't being used for anything, feel free to claim one. There's also a few hilly islands sort of populating the outskirts of ModTown you can use, just check the claims map to make sure there isn't something else already there.

I am curious though, is that an interior or exterior islands in your screenshots there? If you need room to add an island, we can probably come up with something.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 10:11:39 AM »
Yeah, what DEG said. If you need a new island, we can raise one. Or you can do so and I can merge it in. Or if you're doing that in an interior-as-exterior cell, then right on. :D

Looking really intriguing so far!

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »
Hey SASS Man, welcome to the project! :)
I am curious though, is that an interior or exterior islands in your screenshots there? If you need room to add an island, we can probably come up with something.

That's an "Outer Realm"--i.e., an interior cell made to act like an exterior, similar to how they did Mournhold.

Yeah, what DEG said. If you need a new island, we can raise one. Or you can do so and I can merge it in. Or if you're doing that in an interior-as-exterior cell, then right on. :D

Yeah, I just need a smalll piece of real-estate for the exterior...but if I'm gonna do a private island, then...what the heck?  I might just go all gung-ho on that, too, eh?

The interior's all done except for adding a few characters, so it shouldn't take me long to piece the rest together.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »
Go crazy. Just don't make it bigger than the main island, please.  8)

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 12:54:22 AM »
Go crazy. Just don't make it bigger than the main island, please.  8)

Lol!  No problem...how's this look fo starters?  It'll need further landscaping, more rocks, touch-ups to make it fit better with the overall theme....but for one night of brain-salad-tossing, it's a fairly convincing island, n'est-pas? (Is it not?)

Pry want to bring my shore a little closer to the point of the mainland so I don't have to get too carried away with the bridge.  I'll erm...."Bridge that gap" when I get to it....

Ooooooh, the puns are coming off like boxing gloves tonight!

Anyways, take a look at the island.  I'd love to get feedback, advice, suggestions for added effect, etc.  Maybe even have someone merge this into the main mod if it looks good.  In the end, the door to my 'House" will simply be a glowing oval-shaped portal floating in that Nord Food Hut at the top of the island mount.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
I think it looks like a really good start. When you're done detailing it, I can definitely merge it into the main file.

"n'est-pas" - every time I hear that I think of Poirot. My wife has the entire series of novels and television series.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »
Looks good to me, could use some more detail with rocks and the like, but like Melchior said, definitely a great start!
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 12:14:49 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I'm going to try to shallow the approach shore a bit, too.  Even though it's climbable, I don't like the stark sharp rise in front of you, as you swim up to it.  More pics coming as I work on it, and figure out where to put my bridge.

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »
 ;D

My work is going great, I've expanded the island with a small isthmus, and added in a bridge.  Version 0.1 Alpha of island, bridge, and interior are included in this post.  There are a few resources here, including some NOM and TR food, and a number of retextured items.  With the exception of the food--which those of you using NOM or Tamriel Rebuilt already have--all icons, meshes, AND textures are in the *\sass\ folders.

Also, it needs to be cleaned.  Cells 25,52 and 26,52, and possibly 27,51 fell victim to a glitch where the CS selected literally every object in a 9-cell area and modified them.  I use the Enchanted Editor for my cleaning, so getting rid of the invalid references is extremely time consuming.  Is there anyone who can use Wrye Mash to run the MT15 .esp against the main .esm to get rid of them?  If not, I may have to get creative with temporary .ESP's to fix it.

Anyways...I still need to put in one or more characters--erm, "Avatars"--before the final release...but I strongly encourage anyone to playtest what I have so far, suggest changes, and clean my poor, tired Island .esp.

And note that there ARE two .ESP's in the mod.  Because the house portion is completed, I didn't want to risk corruption of the completed work just to build an approach...and, if you've read this far, you see exactly what I'm talking about!

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 10:07:29 PM »
Here is an update just to make sure you all know I'm still around.  After a storm on Nov 17, we lost all phone and internet.  We have been w/o connectivity for 32 days!  However...I have not been idle....I've created NPC's, with dialog!

Now, does anybody know if NoLiv is still around?  I need her permission to do a minor retexture of twoof the outfits from Houseor Earthly Delights Harem Style.  Since this is a Christmas-themed mod, I felt it was not appropriate for my dancers to be wearing Teal and Pink, so I edited the textures in Photoshop to make a true Green one, and a Red one.  If anyone can get a hold of, and/or direct me to her, that would be appreciated...thanks!

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »
I'm glad that you've pulled through, SASS! And it's awesome that you were able to continue working on your plot in the meantime.

As for your question on Nioliv, I do not know. I would suggest that if you can't get a hold of them to just proceed with the retexture and be sure to give credit.

the SASS Man

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 09:42:33 PM »
Thanks for that, MD.  It seems, after reading her ReadMes, she only wanted to be asked before modifying her meshes, and made no mention of her textures; and, in fact, she released these models earlier as resources to be textured as desired.  Several people have, in fact; Katrina has a rather extensive collection of Harem clothing based on NoLiv's meshes, so there we go!

I'll have an updated archive with NPCs and dialog ready to post real soon.