Author Topic: Current status  (Read 1674 times)

Danjb

• Outlander
    • View Profile
Current status
« on: September 11, 2015, 02:28:21 AM »
Hey,
Is there a vague timeline for this project? I know it's supposed to be done by December but at what point do we need to be finished with our plots so that we can start implementing quests, etc.?
Cheers,
Danjb

Flash3113

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: Current status
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 04:50:24 AM »
Wait, aren't the personal quests supposed to be part of the plot itself? My plot is actually finished, but I'm still working on the actual quests.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:15:42 AM by Flash3113 »

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:21:04 AM »
Yeah but there will be some Modtown quests that will involve some of the Modtown Modder avatars, or maybe even other NPCs IIRC. Like the fetch 'em quest where the player will have to run around Modtown, and collect dues from the modders on the Island. I'm going to make it so that if the player refuses to do one of the quests for my avatar then the player won't get my Avatar's dues until they do the quest my avatar had asked him to do. Or if the player had not been asked by my Avatar to do the quest yet they will be sent out to do the quest before getting the dues. If the player doesn't do the quest the player doesn't get the dues.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:55:19 AM »
Yeah, we need fixed deadlines for all aspects of the project, to avoid confusion.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:08:38 AM »
Maybe DEG can help us get back on track. I know he's been busy as have I. As has been stated, the deadline is to get this released in December (I'd say before Christmas break if we can manage it). We have a few major milestones left:

Modder Plots
Public Plots
Main Quest

Each of those include the NPCs, dialogue, and internal quests - so they aren't a small task. There are auxiliary things we want to include too, like books and newspapers, miscellaneous quests, extra NPCs, etc. Those nice-to-haves, but the above are requirements.

I propose that we target getting the Modder and Public Plots completed before Thanksgiving. That gives me time to merge everything together, giving us a combined master file on which to base the Main Quest activity which we will need to get implemented in 2-3 weeks in December (assuming we can get it mostly written up before implementation).

This is all coming up very fast... I will try to buckle down and quickly finish up my modder plot so that I can look at where we are at on the Public Plots since I haven't reviewed them in a while.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
Hey guys, terribly sorry for my silence of late, I've just been pretty tired these past couple of weeks. But anyway, to sort of answer some questions, I've been a bit busy working on my public building claims and getting some work down on our main quest document. Specifically, I plan to have a full list of major cast NPCs with listed personalities and background stories out by later this week for the Community Consortium, along with one or two written quests. That should provide the information needed for modders to begin working on the modular parts of the main quest involving their own plots.

Anyway, as some of you may have noticed, I released a new progress update video on the project earlier today, though it only really showed off the finished files that have been submitted thus far. Our priority over the next two weeks should be on promotion, I've fallen down on that aspect and I have to apologize profusely for that, I plan to try and get everything back up to speed this next week. But anyway, with the Bethesda forums moving, we should take this remaining opportunity to message as many modders as possible about getting involved with the project, whether it's with writing or doing a modder plot.

I personally plan to do a promotional Let's Mod Morrowind video series focusing on developing a modder plot in the next few weeks to hopefully encourage people to participate.

In any event, as Melchior said, we probably should focus on getting modder plots and public buildings done first, though I'd like to leave modder plots open for any last minute modders who want to sign up (since not every modder plot is going to be involved in the main quest anyway). Also some of the main quest work can be done in parallel to the public buildings and modder plots due to the semi-modular nature of the quest series, though some of the major plot elements will have to wait until more locations have been fleshed out.

As for additional miscellaneous details, like newspapers and books, hopefully we can get more people on board to help out with that over the next month.

One of the biggest hurdles of any large modding project though is going to be in maintaining interest, so I would like to propose a fairly simple concept of doing project progress videos once every month. To really get this off the ground, we'll need modders to submit WiP demo files of what they're working on by a particular deadline so we can show them off in the progress video. I'll probably make a thread announcing a specific deadline in the future once I know when the next progress update video should be released.

Anyway, hope that sorts a few things out, if anyone has questions about all of that, let me know!
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »
With the exterior design for the Consortium HQ out of the way (for now), I'm going to be returning to Autotower, so I just might have that complete enough to show off the outside AND inside in next month's video.

Also, I'd really like that secret thing I made to be revealed next time.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 03:22:20 PM »
Regular progress report videos sounds like a good idea. Hopefully I'll have my claim done before the next one. I'm just cleaning up some scripts and then MAY add an armory area... we'll see. But I need to get to the dialogue too.

As far as contacting other modders... I know that last I talked to them, Chaka ZG and C_Mireneye said they planned to contribute (even got some WIP shots of an awesome area Mireneye was making for it). But I need to prod them since they aren't as active here. And I'll go through my friends list on bethsoft to see who else I could message. Was Princess Stomper interested? I know she commented on the thread, but it seemed like more of a "good luck..." sort of comment rather than "sign me up!".

Anyway, back to working on my plot.

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 12:06:09 PM »
I guess this thread is as good as any... I'm not in the right state of mind for a long post, so a short version: my father just got diagnosed with some kind of brain tumor - what exactly is it (and whether they will be able to operate), the doctors don't know yet, but they said the prognosis is "so-so". Even if things turn out as good as they can, it will take quite a while for things to return to any state of normalcy, and modding will be among the last things on my mind.

If anyone will want to take over the memorial cave, just give me a word...

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »
That's very somber news. I will keep your father in my prayers, Istreddify; I hope he recovers quickly and easily. And don't worry about the project; if you could upload what you have so far, someone here will take over your efforts. I can work on it once I get my claim done if no one else is chomping at the bit. It looks like you have a lot of the work done from the screens I recall. Feel free to jot down your future plans for the area if you are so inclined.

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »
Thanks - at this point kind words truly mean a lot.

Here's the file - to be honest, the only thing I "planned" was to have the whole area be an underground park/garden. I though about adding some statues (perhaps something to symbolize each modder that we know that passed away - obviously wouldn't be needed if other memorials were made for them; another idea was to have a few depicting the swiss army knife from the CS icon - but someone would need to make that). Other than that, I wanted to try out whatever I could think of and see what sticks. Never got even started...

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 08:49:32 PM »
Grabbed the file. Thank you for uploading it!

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
I'm sorry for your situation, Istreddify. There's nothing worse than seeing your loved ones unwell.