Author Topic: Gallery Sub-section  (Read 1312 times)

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
Gallery Sub-section
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »
When I told Trainwiz to check out what we've been doing, he informed me that we "need a gallery sub-section", meaning, we need some place, easily found, that houses a collection of images from all of our projects, and I think he's right. What does everyone else think?
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Gallery Sub-section
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:59:32 AM »
I saw that comment from him... kinda makes sense. Everyone's just posting images in their thread. Which is the appropriate thing to do, but if there was something like Project-Tamriel has where pictures will get posted to the front page, or a gallery area... I think that could be cool.

But the flip-side is that we need to be done with this in 3 months. I don't want Darkelfguy to waste his time on something like that and contribute to us missing the end of the year deadline.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 02:28:35 AM »
I completely agree, it is a little disorganized to have screenshots scattered all over the place. We do already have a gallery on the website for image uploads, but it isn't commonly known and it would require a separate registration (which is just tedious), so instead, I've installed the SMF Gallery plugin so everyone can upload screenshots to a single common gallery of images. This should also make it easier for collecting and re-distributing screenshots to other forms of social media (imgur, tumblr, facebook, etc...) in order to promote the project.

You can now find the forum gallery here, and I've also added a redirect board in case anyone misses the addition at the top of the page. Feel free to upload all of your screenshots there.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »
Awesome, thanks, Dark! Populating now!

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 05:21:11 AM »
Thanks! Is it possible to remove uploaded screenshots from the gallery, if better versions are available?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:37:23 AM by Wretched Fetcher »