Poll

Keep the giant and goats?

Yay
Nay
May (with modification)

Author Topic: [Accept/Reject] Giant and Goats  (Read 1968 times)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
[Accept/Reject] Giant and Goats
« on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
Seeking general approval on some resources for inclusion.

Reason / Usage: My wife wanted me to put a giant shepherd with goats or sheep onto the island. I modified Antares' Hill Giant and included Cait's Goats, because I'm whipped; and I ended up liking how it looked. I figure old Ekkeog could be an aboriginal who has some knowledge to bestow during the main quest.

Looks like we can't create polls on this board, unless I am missing something. So I figure people can just voice their approval or dissent below.

Danjb

• Outlander
    • View Profile
Re: [Accept/Reject] Giant and Goats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 03:46:42 AM »
Well, I don't know how lore-correct it is, but it looks cool.

HangHimHigher

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:59:58 AM »
I personally don't see any issues with using any kinds of resources as long as they're not too outlandish, but even leaving that discussion for the other thread (did we end up agreeing that each modder would have a quota?), I would definitely be fine with it.  I think it adds a nice "outlandish" touch, and looking at what you've done with the model, it doesn't even look like something glaringly different from the rest of Vvardenfell, in my opinion.  The goats are a little more out there than the giant, but again, I'm totally fine with it!

Also, I think this is one of the quirkiest favours I've ever heard asked.  In a good way!  "Honey, can you make me a flock of goats?  With a giant for a shepherd?"

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 06:43:10 AM »
Looks good Melchior, my vote is to keep it in! And there should be a poll option when you post the topic, unless I messed up something with the forum permissions...
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 06:56:17 AM »
These should be goats, nor sheep, but miniature (giant space) mammoths!

But in all honesty, this ties to the general discussion on how to approach modder's resources for the project and we really should decide how to deal with it before discussing any specific stuff...

Also, I think this is one of the quirkiest favours I've ever heard asked.  In a good way!  "Honey, can you make me a flock of goats?  With a giant for a shepherd?"
I've heard that women having quirky desires for food is a sign they might be pregnant, I'm somewhat curious whether this extends to video games...  ;)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »
She also said that he should hold an umbrella over his head. First that was supposed to be pink (she's never seen the movies or read Harry Potter... I swear) and then she said it should be a mushroom umbrella. I said this was the best I could do. Oh, and she's not pregnant. I don't recall any odd modding requests or game interests when she was either, lol. At least, not an odder than this...

I think where it settled in MY mind was that we would not restrict resource usage (what if sunbro wants to include his entire tileset with 25 different pieces or something?). BUT, that it would be preferable that we run new resources by the larger group to see if anyone had objections or suggestions. I really think it's a courtesy as most new resources will be contained inside the players' claims rather than being spread all over the island.

I'll look again for the poll option. Though I'm not sure if I can edit it into this post.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 08:22:58 AM »
Added a poll. There's a button at the top to Add Poll. I didn't notice it while posting.

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
I like him, keep him in.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126