Author Topic: How's going bros, my name is... no, not Pewdiepie.  (Read 1307 times)

Moritius

• Community Secretary
  • I'm watching you...
    • View Profile
How's going bros, my name is... no, not Pewdiepie.
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »
So, I think I should write introduction because...

I'm trying to mod Morrowind since bought version with CS (around 2006 if I recall correctly). First mods was some kind of uber-pro-mega-itemzz I needed (rings of strength+night eye, etc). Later, my first item with 'unique' model (daedric bow with green instead of red) was Gorgona's Bow (Fortitude smth and Drain Fatigue, constant). Never relased anything of those mods.
Later started to work on scripts and this is what I love to do (but still didn't started to MWSE scripting and I have plenty of ideas which need MWSE or smth like this).

No needs to write everything about my modding. There was (long time ago) my Durzog alternate texture on PES, sometimes I'm relasing some of my mesh alterations (in "Show what are you working on #xx") but nothing big. Ofkorz, I want to make some landmass mod like MD :D (probably everybody wants, amirite?) but my last idea was lore unfrendy (some ideas was raping TES lore and it should be made as TC which I don't want to do). Maybe some day, I have some idea and stuff.In fact my ideas are overhelming me. That's why I rarely relase something.

In other hand I love digging in files (using hex editor or other editors) and find a way to export some resources from games and import to Morrowind - e.g. I imported swords models from Temple of Elemental Evil.

So, greetings from Poland :D.
"Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit"

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: How's going bros, my name is... no, not Pewdiepie.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »
I thought that your user name looked familiar. Perhaps I saw you around on PES. Glad to have you on the project (and of course for your offer to help on Lyithdonea!).

Landmasses are naturally my favorite type of mod, so if you ever start one and are looking for any tips or help, just let me know! And don't worry about being lore-friendly if it's something you're passionate about. I like the challenge of making something new and fitting it into existing lore, but it's equally respectable to just make something new and show it off in Morrowind's engine even if it wouldn't be expected to exist in the world of the Elder Scrolls. But if you're really concerned about lore-friendliness, just remember that almost everything can be explained away SOMEhow. Daedra are a good excuse for things to be strange...

It's easy to get overwhelmed by ideas and want to work on them all. I have cases of that at the moment... I have 2 other large projects outside of Lyithdonea that I am working on and several small projects. But I have decided to put them all on the backburner while I work on Lyithdonea so that I can make better progress. Just have to stay focused sometimes; easier said than done!

I'd love to see some more stuff imported to Morrowind. I rigged up an Ashe from FFXII model to work in the game a while back. It's pretty cool to do that sort of thing.

Abbottzy

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »
What is the source of this content? It is thought up or taken from another source.

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »
Most of th eunique content you will find for Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim here or on other sites are fan made, usually by the person that posts the informatin/images/video of the content in game, or in the CS, or their 3d rendering program of choice.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126