Author Topic: Well, hello there  (Read 1466 times)

Wolf Among Sheep (Symbiote Dinosaur)

• Community Secretary
  • Those who fear death will never enjoy life.
    • View Profile
    • channel
Well, hello there
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:26:23 PM »
Hello there, by name is Symbiote Dinosaur.  I only got into the elder scrolls games around 3 years ago.  I basically played the whole serious backwards.  Morrowind was, is, and probably always will be.  TES6 probably won't be as good, but hey BGS I would love for you to prove me wrong.  I got into making mods before I even knew how to download them, I would place armors in the CS because I was just interested in what they looked like.  Eventually I discovered all these amazing mods people were making, I always hoped to be a part of it.  Because creating things is one of the only things I have been good at, you see I have an diagnosed obsessive thing.  I can tell you right now that the elder scrolls games are practically my life, aside from my occupations, and watching an occasional movie.  But along side with the passionate obsessions come the negative ones, you see when you develop a fear worry or anything like that and have an obsessive type of personality, you will often obsess over the negative as well.  I have already gotten into this on the internet before but I can tell you one thing, I wash my hands around 57 times a day. 

But back to the happy things though, when I am not playing or modding an elder scrolls game I like to work on a Tabletop role-playing game based off of TES and LOTR.  I also like to rest in a chair or such while watching a good comedy movie, or show especially those of the 1990's and early 2000's.  I sometimes enjoy reading SpiderMan comic books (anyone who is possibly a comic book reader should understand where my username comes from) But comic book storylines are getting kinda meh for me recently.  Like I have said before my real name isn't that important, everyone I know personally calls me Symbiote anyway.  Congrats to anyone that gets the reference in my signature.   :D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:59:53 AM by SYMBIOTE DINOSAUR »
We have not inherited the earth from out ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children.

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: Well, hello there
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 04:01:57 PM »
Hi, this was very candid, I must say. But worry not: a lot of people among us confessed of being obsessive-compulsive, at least in relation to Morrowind. I am not sure about myself, either... Anyway, my dear spouse keeps telling me that I'm washing my hands too frequently... So I am with you on this.

And I also like pen&paper games. By the way, if you are interested in designing a tabletop in Morrowind setting, take a look at the work of Seht: http://uesrpg.blogspot.ru. He made some great progress, and his books are well-written and the rules are thoroughly tested. I've promised to translate some of them to my native language but hasn't made much progress due to laziness. But I can vouch for their quality.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in any of your creative endeavours.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:09:28 PM by wretched fetcher »

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
    • channel
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:20 AM »
interesting to know I'm not the only one.  But I guess the true price of creativity is your sanity. 
We have not inherited the earth from out ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children.

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
    • channel
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:19:51 PM »
The lore of that tabletop RPG is getting pretty bazaar. 

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 06:13:59 AM »
Hey Symbiote, we're glad to have you helping out with the project! And for all the other modding contributions you are working on!

I can't claim to have been diagnosed by anyone but my wife for being obsessive about Morrowind, but she does occasionally threaten to run my laptop over with the car. And then I realize I've had my nose in the CS for too long an amount of time and do something less productive like stain the deck or do the dishes. ;D

I can fully relate when you say that the Elder Scrolls are your life though. I have nearly all locations and aspects in Morrowind memorized; not to mention an exceptional understanding of the lore. I sometimes wonder if I could tell you more about Tamriel than about my own country... something which should probably be rectified at some point.

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
    • channel
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 06:45:21 AM »
The funny thing is that I've only been playing Morrowind since late 2013.