Author Topic: Lougian at your service !  (Read 1702 times)

Lougian

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Lougian at your service !
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
I just realize I didn't introduce myself, so here I am.
I have started modding "officially" in 2012, with my still not finished Caverns Overhaul. Before that I was just doing some houses or similar things for myself.
Then, after some time I learned how to make textures, and then began my real modding vocation, retexturing (and also 3D now).
The fact you can add your own textures and models into the game is just awesome. So I started with the hlaalu, my favorite great house, but it wasn't very good and I wanted more. So after some search I found some tutorials about bump map. I have done a lot of mods since, mostly retextures.
Then a year later I began to be interested by Oblivion and started to mod it too, Oblivion was more easy, the fact that the normal map work without spending hours making a reflection map was a lot easier for me, and I always hated the Oblivion graphics.
And here I am now, still working on my mods, mostly for Oblivion now (this does not mean I have stopped modding Morrowind, I'm just doing a break)
I'm currently working on my landmass mod, I started on Morrowind but the limitation of the engine made me want to try on Oblivion. Some now I'm working on this mod on the Oblivion CS, and I hope I will be able to release it one day. :)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Lougian at your service !
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:39:33 PM »
And you've been doing amazing stuff for the game. I'm glad we have you around!

I cannot wait until we get OpenMW 1.0 and normal maps are supported by default simply by adding _n to the file names like in Oblivion... I don't even bother making them for my models right now because of this limitation.

I have a weakness for landmass mods, so I'm curious to see that when you're ready to unveil it!

Lougian

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:39:18 AM »
Thank you very much :) You're even more amazing with all your stuff and the magnificient land of Lyithdonea !
Yes, OpenMW is going to be amazing, I'm very impatient and far more interesting in this project than in the Skywind project (even if they are making a very good job)
I hope I will be able to show you one day, I still have a lot to learn.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
Thanks, modding Morrowind is a fantastic pastime.

I'm with you on OpenMW vs Skywind. Much more excited about the former. Skywind is great looking, but I'm not terribly interested in a remake of that nature. OpenMW is greater because of all the doors it can open up for such an old game and is a testament to how vivacious this community still is.

Well if you ever need any help or would like some tips, just let me know! I've got a lot of experience in the landmass-making department... lol.

Wolf Among Sheep (Symbiote Dinosaur)

• Community Secretary
  • Those who fear death will never enjoy life.
    • View Profile
    • channel
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
Finally someone who isn't on the skywind bandwagon as hard as everyone else is. 
We have not inherited the earth from out ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children.