Author Topic: Can't select nif in CS [Solved]  (Read 1938 times)

Lougian

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Can't select nif in CS [Solved]
« on: August 13, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »
It's been a long time since I haven't modded Morrowind and I can't remember a few things.
The one that has bothered me is the fact I can't select my nif in the construction set, when I put it in the cell, there is nothing I can do to select it.
I have tried a few things but nothing worked. Can someone help me with this ? I think it's very simple, I just can't remember what I have to do.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:36:29 AM by Lougian »

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: Can't select nif in CS
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »
Is your issue anything like the one I discussed here: http://darkelfmodding.com/forum/index.php/topic,156.0.html? If it is then that explains how I got around my mine (though it is not entirely fixed), if not then I'm afraid I can't be of much help.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
What type of mesh is this? If it's a particle system, it needs to have some sort of solid mesh for you the "select" even though that solid mesh can be made invisible (like with the fire model).

Lougian

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
No Lady Phoenix, it's just one mesh, one I have made. But thanks anyway.

It's not a particle system, it's a simple nif. I can send it if there is the need to take a look at it.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 07:17:31 PM »
Well, you could take a picture of the block list. I might be able to help that way.

Is the mesh a flat plane of some sort, where there is a front and back? Do you use the NiStencilProperty? This can also lead to not being able to select the mesh from one side.

Lougian

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »
Okay, here is a screenshots (sorry for the delay) : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1439925229-sans-titre-1.jpg
and here is with the NiTriShape selected : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1439925413-2.jpg
I don't use NiStencilProperty, but I have resized the NiTriShape with the scale option in nifskope. Could it be the problem ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:17:06 PM by Lougian »

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
Oh, yes that could be. You have two options if you've resized it in Nifskope: 1) use blender to ctrl-A the model(s) or 2) use Nifskope to do the same thing. You do this in Nifskope by right-clicking on the NiNodes you have resized and selecting Transform->Apply. But that's not all; then you have to right-click on the NiTriShapeData block and go to Mesh->Update Center/Radius. I typically do this on all the NiNodes and NiTriShapeDatas in the mesh just to be safe.

Lougian

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 05:35:53 AM »
Thanks a lot for your help Melchior, it works ! I wasn't able to import the nif in blender without it screwing it, but it was due to the scale correction. And thanks for the tip in nifskope, very useful. :) The mesh works perfectly now.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Can't select nif in CS [Solved]
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »
Glad I could help and that it's working for you now. On a related note, if you're ever working with creatures and re-scale something you have to remember to update the bounding (hit) box accordingly as well, feel free to ask me about that sometime if it applies to what you're doing... both of these tips are things I learned very late in the game after I made a lot of bugged meshes, lol.