Author Topic: [Modder Claim] -- Plot 16 -- The Oblivion Fanatic  (Read 4052 times)

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] -- Plot 16 -- The Oblivion Fanatic
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:54:56 AM »
I deleted my previous claim for this plot as I know nothing of quest making and don't want to be committed to it. Instead I have ideas for a unique style house . I'm not 100% of how any things I'm going to add,but I've gotten a lot of my YouTube stuff done and have some free time now and so should be able to update you soon.
The house itself is going to be a maze of sorts. I'll reveal more later ;)
"Oh for the love of Akatosh, would everyone just calm down!?" - Martin Septim

Wolf Among Sheep (Symbiote Dinosaur)

• Community Secretary
  • Those who fear death will never enjoy life.
    • View Profile
    • channel
Re: [Modder Claim] -- Plot 16 -- The Oblivion Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 11:00:21 AM »
Glad to see you on bord!  Exited to see what you create!  :)
We have not inherited the earth from out ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children.

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »
Here's the plot so far. Hope it's good enough. Never done anything like this before! :)

Current Features:

*A quest to finish another's job to stop a deranged mage, Zynkel Drvani from destroying the town.
*A finished exterior featuring one accessible building, two submerged buildings, a hostile skeleton, lot's of plants and a unique piece of armor atop a mushroom!
*A maze of sorts, with working 'Fireplace Portals'!
*A Hidden Village, currently with three inhabitants.
*A side quest, 'Cecilia's Curse', involving killing three creatures in the basement of 'Lost Man's Reprieve'. (Yep, I took the name from an unused Skyrim cell. Too good to waste! :p )
*An unmarked treasure hunt to find all the pieces of the unique 'Zynkel's Armor'. (made by Eversor) "My only request is that if you incorporate this armor into another mod and release it, please give me credit for the original skins."
*A currently unfinished Portal room.
*A yet to be added Dungeon/hideout.

Currently 4 pieces of the armour have been added to the mod, more will be implemented further in development.

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »
DOWNLOAD THIS INSTEAD!!!!!!!
This new .esp uses the latest esm version (12th December) as the master file and I've fixed several collision bugs, a dialogue bug and two broken doors.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »
From your description and screenshots, this sounds really cool. Sounds like you've really let your creativity loose which is just what we want to do with ModTown 2015! I'm looking forward to trying it out! I'll try to get to it soon. Thanks for the status update!

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »
Your welcome!  :)  I'm really enjoying this now I've gotten the hang of it. I kept putting it off because it seemed such a daunting task, but now I can't stop making more for my plot! I think I've developed an addiction to modding!  ;D
Since my last post I've finished the Portal Room, The Portal Master, the Secluded Manor, with a VERY eccentric and paranoid Redguard (Glarthir's cousin?) and the first area of Overshear Cave.  I won't upload that for now, as I want to make sure everything works 100%, but I'm glad to be a part of all this and look forward to the finished mod!

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 07:45:13 PM »
You've been hooked! Good to hear we may have another convert.  ;D

And your new additions sound like fun. A couple comments on your file:

1) There are some dirty references. This is pretty common as it's very easy to create dirty references in the CS while modding. Here's the most common way to avoid creating those dirty refs: when you open an object's detail window in the CS by double clocking on the object in the Render Window, do not edit anything above the REFERENCE DATA line and when you are done making your changes, hit CANCEL. Do NOT hit Save. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but the CS interprets CANCEL as more of a "SAVE SINGLE REFERENCE" and SAVE as "SAVE GLOBALLY". If you are wanting to make an object based off of another one (like making a unique mudcrab or something), then make sure you change the ID before making any changes to the object itself and THEN hit SAVE once you have changed the ID and say that YES you want to create a new object.

Now that you have the dirty refs, the mod just needs to be cleaned. For instance, you don't really want your mod to overwrite any other mod which legitimately edits the "ebony_towershield", but that's just what the dirty reference will do. You can see all the file details for your plugin by going to File-->Data Files-->Select your ESP-->Details...
This will bring up a new window which shows all the references in your mod. You can recognize the dirty references because they are the default IDs for those objects: "ebony_greaves", "Balmora, Caius Cosades' House", "De_P_Table_01", "mudcrab", etc. (NOTE: all the entries in the ID column that have an ID of REFR are okay. That just means that you placed or moved one of those objects in your mod. You are not editing the global ID which is what causes the dirty references).

So, to clean the mod, the best and easiest way to do it is by using a program called tes3cmd. Go ahead and download the latest version (from 2013). You simply need to place "tes3cmd.exe" into your Data Files folder where your plugin is located. Once you do that, open the command line in that folder (if you're using Win10, just Shift-Right-Click in the folder background and select "Open command window here"). Then type "tes3cmd clean "modplot16V2.esp"". You can find more documentation on tes3cmd here; it is a very powerful tool.

There, I think I covered that, because I am too lazy to proofread it. Let me know if you have any questions.

2) This is minor and not a requirement, but it would help me with file merging and packaging the mod if you put your stuff into a special sub-folder like "Meshes/MT15/00" and "Icons/MT15/00" and "Textures/MT15/00". If you look at the file structure in the landmass file, you can see that I have been trying to stick with that layout, putting most files into the MT15 sub-folder and then a specific sub-folder for each modder. It helps identify which files go to our mod as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:47:43 PM by Melchior Dahrk »

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] -- Plot 16 -- Publick Occurrences
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »
I'd like to make it clear that the so called 'Hidden Village' is deliberately not well hidden, so as 90% of my mod is in that village, I'd appreciate if in the next video, you could actually show what I've been working on. I deliberately put loads of extra effort in last time, so people could see i was making progress and determined to make the plot unique. I know I'm not the best modder in the world, far from it, but that doesn't mean my plot should be tossed aside.

(And yes, my names changed. Hated the old one.)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »
I'm not sure if I ever got this merged into the master file. Did you clean the plugin yet?

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 04:49:35 AM »
I'm really sorry about that, Publick, I just assumed that you might want to keep the hidden village as a surprise, a lot of modders were requesting that particular areas of their plots not be shown. I'll make sure to include the village in both the next developer video and the next ModTown trailer.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] -- Plot 16 -- Publick Occurances
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 07:55:30 PM »
Hey Publick Occurances,
I was going to merge this into the main ESM this evening (I cleaned the file of dirty references), but it looks like there is an issue with the script titled "DeathScriptShort" do you use this script in your mod?

It's got some funky syntax and operators from what I know of Morrowind scripting:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Begin DeathScriptShort

DoneIf (Done == 1)
   returnendifif (MenuMode == 1)
   returnendifif (OnDeath == 1)
   Journal, 00_StopPosess 20
   set done to 1
endifend

End
End DeathScriptShort

MD

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
NOOOO! Please don't merge it! That was nowhere near the finished version! I'm sorry for disappearing for so long, having a Youtube channel can be exhausting and I don't get much time to work on ModTown, but since that last version I've added SO much more! I made a Museum explaining the lore of the village, complete with exhibits and a Tour Guide, I finished distributing the unique armour around the plot, made a dungeon called 'Gene's Hunt', completely redesigned the Portal Room and Overshear cave, as well as adding the Temple of the Ages and over 10 new npcs, almost all with new dialogue. I've also fixed several bugs and added guards (not yet fully functioning, but getting there) and I'm so close to finishing this plot. I just have to figure out how to get a character to recognise the player has killed the creatures in her inn, finish the jail, 1 small dungeon and the Hall of Combat, which I only thought of today! Sorry if you already have merged it and this is going to be a problem, but that old version was just a shell of what it is now!  I should have the mod finished by Sunday, so please wait until then, thanks! :)

Publick Gamer

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
Oh and thanks Darkelfguy, I apologise if I came across as rude. :)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
Nope, i have not merged it yet, so no worries; i was waiting for a response. :D

The new stuff sounds really neat!

If you need help tracking the deaths of those creatures, let me know. there are a number of potential solutions; i typically fall back on using globals for something like that.