Poll

Would it be alright to include Barabus's Imperial Housing Resources in ModTown?

Yes
9 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Barabus Imperial Housing Resources  (Read 1766 times)

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Barabus Imperial Housing Resources
« on: August 07, 2015, 03:27:50 AM »
Recently I came across the Barabus Imperial Housing Resource while working on Episode 38 of Morrowind Modding Showcases, and I decided to include it as the Modder Resource Mod of the Week. This naturally meant building a demo out of the available resources, and just like last time, I decided to use some empty space in ModTown for this. After building up a couple of blocks with these resources, I rather think they might make a good addition to ModTown 2015, but there are a few potential problems. First and foremost, they may clash architecturally with the dominate Common and Imperial style structures in ModTown. Personally I think they blend in pretty well, but I realize not everyone will agree on that point. Second, they don't come with any interior pieces, so the interiors for these buildings will have to be created using the Common Tileset, which while similar, may be an issue for those who prefer the interiors exactly match the exteriors.

What I really like about them though is that they're very modular, you can make all sorts of buildings out of them, and they're really high-quality models that add a bit of variety to the skyline. The resource package also includes market stalls, carts, and a few shop signs that can be used to decorate the front of buildings.

Anyway, I'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not they should be included. For now, I'll just post some screenshots from my demo build to show you what they look like in ModTown (keep in mind, the demo was built for Episode 38 of MMS).

Note: While the resources don't include interior tilesets, they do include a few buildings that have interiors built into the exterior model.

True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
Re: Barabus Imperial Housing Resources
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 03:33:20 AM »
As much as I try to keep my structures vanilla, I won't argue against those wanting to spice their creation's up. So, why not add this?  :)

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Barabus Imperial Housing Resources
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
I'm fine with using these, the lack of interiors has always bothered me, but it may not be a big deal to just use common interiors.

I agree though, the exteriors look fantastic and I think they blend well enough with the common exteriors.