Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Plot 26 - Autoclock  (Read 8648 times)

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot 26 - Autoclock
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2016, 02:49:34 PM »
I have confidence you'll find another means to get income soon, I am sorry to hear such dreaded news though!

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2016, 04:08:02 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that you get a new job soon.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

Lefok

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
God damn, that's a pretty bad situation to find yourself in. I hope you're able to manage until you get another source of income.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
I have a job again, so I'm almost ready to come back to modding. Just have other things to deal with first. Don't know which mod will get done the soonest. I just work on whichever project I feel like at any given moment. Best way for me to make progress. As for what else I have going, there's my would-have-been-a-Modathon-entry (http://autoclockreturns.tumblr.com/image/145139118554), and my Sotha Sil project, which I've neglected for far too long. I have a new plan for that one, basically the player explores a previously inaccessible part of the Clockwork City, and has to solve puzzles and whatnot. Keeps the physical scale down while allowing me to go "big on the depth", as it were. That approach has been working quite well for The Magic of Grandreach. I'll be putting plenty of old models and ideas to use, hopefully. Might even be a train-to-train battle. Maybe.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2016, 01:41:07 AM »
Well, there isn't much of a rush. Good to see you have a new source of money, a bit early but welcome back, Autoclock.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2016, 09:17:54 AM »
Early? Were you expecting to see me again a year from now? :P

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
Actually I was expecting to see you again in another two weeks!  ;D

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2016, 03:19:22 PM »
In all fairness, it could very well have been much longer than that if I hadn't gotten lucky. Very lucky.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out different ways I can shorten the development time on Autotower without sacrificing what I'm trying to accomplish. Basically, there's a story to be told, and I have a lot of options on how I can tell that story. It's just a matter of finding the least taxing one. I'm thinking that clicking on each of the podiums causes the player to be transported to different places, or perhaps the same cell, just with different things going on in it, like chapters they're reading. Or watching, rather. I once had the temptation to make the disturbing dreams of the MW Main Quest into fully interactive sequences, I might bring that idea into this. We'll see. For now, I have more models to make, like always. :/

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2016, 03:48:59 PM »
Well, any development is good development, unless it is bad news. The podium idea definitely sounds interesting.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
Have you watched the video posted in the thread awhile ago? It's on page 4. Shows off the main interior.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »
This plot's going to be finished up fairly soon. Not at all what I meant for it to be, but I'm ready to finally put Mod Town 2015 behind me, for good this time.

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2016, 02:02:45 AM »
Very well then, I was thinking well, the remaining members (including myself) will need to discuss our plan of action as it seems neither DarkElfGuy or Melchior Dahrk seem to want to be a part of this currently, and stagnation has gone on long enough. Back on topic it will be nice to see your plot claim complete, from the images and videos it looked interesting.  :)

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2016, 02:33:33 AM »
I have no intention of doing anything beyond finishing up the inside of Autotower. Don't feel that YOU should be left holding the bag, it should be DEG, but that's not happening, and for the same reason it should be: HE'S NEVER FUCKING HERE. Actually, he is, but he lurks in complete silence while this shit slowly falls apart. I've seen him look at our discussion about the future of this project several times, with the slimmest bit of hope he'll finally fucking say something, but he doesn't. Not here, at least. He posted on the official forums that about a dozen claims got finished since the last progress video. No shit, the last one was in December. And we still have two dozen plots that have no work being done on them whatsoever, that we needed to get rid of long ago, but we're not going to talk about that, are we?

I know he's promoted my stuff a great deal, heavily featuring my airships and towers in the videos, which I appreciate, but that doesn't make up for the fact that we can't count on him to actually lead this project. He's a fine hype guy, but that's it. His channel takes up too much time for him to be in charge of a project like this, and quite frankly, I think MMS is doing way more for the community than Mod Town is.

I no longer care if/when he finally speaks up. My own personal work is more important to me now, and it's going to stay that way.

I should have listened when Trainwiz said "Don't."

Turelek

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2016, 03:27:14 AM »
A very strong written post, I respect your intentions and I did not mean to ask you to do more if it sounds like that. Regarding the issue with DarkElfGuy, I wish we had acted sooner and came up with a plan earlier after the first two weeks of him not coming. If he won't come, that's his choice and I respect that too, I won't talk about Morrowind Modding Showcases.

Right now, this is all I have to say.