Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Plot 26 - Autoclock  (Read 9798 times)

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot 26 - Autoclock
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 05:26:30 AM »
I've got to say that the creature looks pretty intimidating. Will the mist surrounding it be seen in the game? Because it is cool.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 09:16:23 AM »
Yes, and it will also feature lightning effects.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
Going to stick with just uploading my screenshots to the gallery. Remember that you can leave comments there, I would appreciate it if people made use of the feature.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2015, 03:59:14 PM »
Been awhile since I updated this thread, mostly because I've been using the gallery to show my progress, but today I finally have some info, rather than a screenshot of something.

I had held off on talking about this, but I think the time has come to reveal a bit more about the people who live in Autotower. They are known as the Brothers of Brass. Like many other Argonians, they were taken from Black Marsh at a young age by Dunmer slavers and forced to work fields and clean houses. But unlike other Argonians, the brothers were one day purchased by a Telvanni wizard, who had no use for servants, but did need some living subjects to experiment on. Those experiments changed the brothers forever, physically and psychologically, giving them amazing abilities, a greater sense of ambition, and more than a few personality disorders. Eventually the brothers trapped their wizard master in Quagmire and set off on a series of adventures that led to the creation of Autotower, but those are stories to be told later, by the brothers themselves.

The brothers do not look normal in any sense, and as such, they are special creatures, rather than NPCs. Two of them, Leggo-My-Eggo and Bought-This-On-Sale, are of a typical size for Nirn, but the third, Woostah, is huge. (Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.)

No one else lives in Autotower, though that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other residents, if you get my meaning.

That is all for now. Happy modding.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 07:41:46 PM »
Returning to this until it's finished. Three will be three interiors, one for each brother. I'm working on Leggo-My-Eggo's Room right now. Not ready for screenshots, I have to re-evaluate my approach because at the moment it's way too laggy. Stay tuned.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
I am tuned in.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »
I think what I'm going to end up doing is ditching the more resource-heavy models, like the Cores and the Bell Cages, and putting in way more of the not so heavy ones, like the Bells and the Ballasts.

Less than a hundred objects, but it acts like there's more than a thousand. Something has to be done about that.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »
Did you try combining shapes under the NiNodes? That may help with performance. Oh, and making sure that you have a collision mesh.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 12:11:11 AM »
I always have a collision mesh, I wouldn't be able to move anything in the CS without one.

I found an alternative method of optimization: cut down on the use of so many fucking NiNodes. You wouldn't believe how much it helped to separate the lights from the tower piece and make them into actual lights. Your grates came in handy for making better rigging, too.

I think this is a big step in the right direction. It looks better, and the lag is minimal. But of course, I'm still not done. Now I get to make the walls tomorrow. Yay.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 07:30:56 PM »
I'm liking the look of this a lot, Autoclock!

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »
Well, then you're going to love what it looks like tomorrow.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »
My idea for the walls and the bells has worked out beautifully, but screenshots really don't do them justice, so tonight I shall be recording a video, after I make some adjustments. If I can get my CD-drive working. If not, I suppose I could recruit someone else to do it. We'll see.

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
I'm glad to see that you're back in Autoclock. I know you've been making models for others here that need them since you announced you were bowing out, but it's nice to see you working on your claim again.
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2016, 03:30:47 PM »
Thanks, though don't get too excited, because as of right now, I'm just finishing up Autotower. Maybe that will change in the future, maybe it won't. Just letting you know now.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2016, 11:42:02 PM »
Okay, Leggo-My-Eggo's Room is pretty close to completion. The lag is back, but that's probably mostly the 24 creatures in it, and it looks the best it ever has, so whatever. The walls are in place, they look awesome, and it's lit up enough for my satisfaction. Might need to adjust the colors and illumination radius, but that can wait until people see the video and throw tomatoes at me give criticism.

Speaking of which, it will definitely need to be recorded by someone else, because my CD-drive is being about as difficult as shooting a bullet out of the air with another bullet while a crazy guy on meth tries to stab you. It's also going to have to wait until I finish Leggo-My-Eggo himself, because I want him to be present, and he needs a re-design. And dialogue.

So I'll see you in a couple of days. Maybe.