Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Plot 8  (Read 2352 times)

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] Plot 8
« on: August 01, 2015, 05:21:46 PM »
Hey there, thanks to you guys for getting all of this started, it promises to be a really fun project.  I would like the please claim plot 8, and I am curious about the little building next to it.  Is it a public building claim and I missed it in that thread list?  I'm curious, because if it is and work needs to be done on it as well, I'd be happy to help with that.

At any rate, my idea for plot 8 is a sort of eccentric one.  I'd like to build a museum/curio shop/starting point for fresh faced adventurers.  The idea is, my modder avatar is a Nord Spellsword who has been an adventurer for many years and has amassed a treasure trove of different items and in lieu of selling them to some trader for a modest profit, he offers them to adventurers for an even more modest profit.  What's more is that Orin (that's me!) will offer low level adventuring equipment to those just starting out (or those experienced, but down on their luck, as adventurers are often want to be) free of charge.  The store will also feature displays of different artifacts, keepsakes and curiosities that Orin has accumulated over the years.  Yes, some of these will be artifacts from the Morrowind game proper, but others will be of my own design.  I don't plan on using any external resources, but I'm not against using them if anyone thinks I should.  I will however, be making NPCs with the use of BB and BH in mind, but they won't necessarily be necessary.  The layout will consist of a tower of some kind (I like towers) for Orin's living quarters, a large sectional building for the store and museum and a small and modest hostel for adventurers who's luck isn't so high right now. 

I thought this would be cool to go in right next to the fancy hotel, because then the adventurers who's luck is alright can crash in style right next door.  Maybe even do some kind of coupon thing where if you stop into his shop you can get a discount at the hotel.  Maybe use the same script as Fargoth's Ring?  I dunno.  I dunno much about scripts to be honest.  I'm going to be scouring the tutorial section of this site and watching a bunch of tutorials as well.  It's also close to the front gate, so it has the potential to be the first stop for folks entering the town.

I will probably go nuts in the creation process and wind up with a Dwemer flying machine on the roof, piloted by Yagrum Bagarn, the head of Sorkvild the Raven that summons his ghost and some kind of Dragon on the roof that serves as Orin's primary mode of conveyance, but for now, the above description is what I will start with. 

Also: Is profanity going to be an issue?  For the record I personally curse a lot and have in the past put cursing in my work.  If this is not something that is allowed, I'd like to know before I start working.  And yes, I do understand that I am not allowed to curse on the forums and no, I don't. 

P.S.

I tend to have a lot of free time, if there are any other projects that need doing that I can do to help, I'd be happy to.    ;D

Thanks a bunch, have a wonderful day!

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot 8
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »
Hey just a bit of an update:  I just realized while I was poking around in the ModTown plugin that I am actually totally running my game with several - maybe all actually -of the texture packs from AnOldFriend and I can't turn them off, as they are plugin-less.  Is this a problem?  If so, I might need help removing them.  I really like them, so if possible, I'd like to keep working with them.  It also appear that MRM is running in your guys' plugin.  Is this so?

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
It won't be a problem the wonderful thing about MW modding is that textures, and meshes don't get shared unless YOU  put them into the archive yourself. This does however mean that if you include a custom mesh/texture/icon with your mod you do have to make sure that the mesh/texture/icon is included in the mod package.
I recommend TESFiles by Mental Elf to package up your mod if it uses custom meshes/textures/Icons. You'll just have to make sure that it gets every thing as sometimes it forgets to get everything. Also some will tell you to use it at your own risk. I've no idea why, as I've never had any issues with it (including I've never had it forget to grab something. TEStiles will not grab plugginless mesh/texture replaces so you'll be safe with that too.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:49:21 PM by Drakkmore »
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:37:17 PM »
Hey OrinDac, great to see you on here!

That small building next to claim #8 is indeed a public building claim, Common Shop 02. Apparently I forgot to setup a thread for it when I was adding the open claims section. I'll fix that tonight, but feel free to go ahead and start working on it if you want, the shop doesn't have a specific purpose so it can be anything at all.

Anyway, it sounds like you've got a ton of great ideas for this plot! I look forward to seeing what you'll do with them, best of luck and happy modding! :)

Oh, and in regards to profanity, it's definitely not an issue, feel free to curse as much as you want.

Also, don't worry about the texture packs, they don't really affect anything. As for MRM, we're not running it as part of ModTown, no, though a few of us are running it independently. It actually causes a few problems with ModTown because it replaces all of the ashland rocks with massive, spiky versions, so it'll cause a few conflicts, but it's not something you need to worry about for a town plot unless you're using ashland rocks in your design somewhere.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »
Great to be seen!

Ok awesome, no I don't plan to use any Ashland rocks at all, so we should be fine.  Like I had said, I pretty much like working with Vanilla Morrowind stuff.  This is going to be fun!  I'll post later with some screenshots if I can.

Thanks Drakkmore for the reassurance and the advice.  I thinkk that as long as their not gonna cause any issues for you guys, I'm just gonna keep it simple.   

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »
Here's the open claim thread for that small shop plot. Feel free to claim it, if you want.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
I just thought of something that I wonder if will become a problem.  I have been working in mainly the interior of one of the buildings for THIS claim and recently went out to work on some of the exteriors.  I went ahead and started doing the exterior for the little shop there that is my other claim, just next door and kind of got carried away with IT as well.  My concern is this:  Is it going to be a problem if both of these claims are in the same mod?  I'd like to knoow if you need me to separate them before I continue doing work on the shop.  I think I CAN separate them easily enough, though. 

Thanks.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 09:29:47 AM »
It should be fine, just when you finish your modder claim, include a link to the Open Public Building claim thread and leave any additional instructions/information related to the shop for the person doing the file merging (aka Melchior).

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »
Ok I will.  Thanks again DEG.

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 07:18:10 PM »
Hey all, been modding just about every day since I started this and realized I needed to refocus, as I got kind of carried away and scattered with several of the things I wanted to build.  I have for the last few days tried to focus on the exteriors of my two claims and thought I'd share some of my progress with you.  Here's a few wide shots of the three building exteriors.

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
Here's a few close-ups of the main attraction:  Orin's House for Impecunious Heroes.  It's a free hostel, kitchen and supply stop for up and coming, or down and struggling adventurers.

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »
Here's a few shots of the garden out back and the tower where Orin lives.  More to come, but have to run just now. 

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »
Looks pretty fantastic so far! I love the creative designs with the street-lights and the tower in back, very scenic! :)

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »
Thanks , I'm pretty stoked about it!  I have some more images too.  Here's some interiors of Orin's House for Impecunious Heroes.

OrinDac

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »
Here's some pics of the restroom I made, I had a lot of trouble with this and it needs a little tweaking.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd welcome them.