Author Topic: [Modder Claim] (No Plot) - HybridDisorder  (Read 4257 times)

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] (No Plot) - HybridDisorder
« on: July 27, 2015, 12:15:42 AM »
I would like put a small underwater entrance to something in the lake just north of the city. I have attached a map with a circle around the rock my entrance will be nearby.

Architectural Style: Dwemer, caves, probably several others.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:17:18 AM by HybridDisorder »

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] (No Plot) - HybridDisorder
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 12:26:22 AM »
Sounds good, the lake could definitely use an underwater ruin or secret entrance of some sort.

Good luck, and happy modding! :)
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »
I've made a lot of progress. The main structure of the dungeon is all laid out, I just need to spend a lot of time detailing now before I add some mobs. This is turning out quite a bit bigger than I anticipated.

Attached is a teaser screenshot of an unfinished waterfall.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »
Looks really good so far! Is that all one massive cavern surrounding the waterfall? Must be a pretty large dungeon to fit all of that in there.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
Looks really good so far! Is that all one massive cavern surrounding the waterfall? Must be a pretty large dungeon to fit all of that in there.

The cave is huge but that's largely for scenic reasons. I'm trying to keep the actual dungeon path a reasonable length so there's not too much walking.

Overall progress:
First Cavern Statics 95%
Second Cavern Statics 45-50%
Mobs, loot, etc 0%

I've attached a nice shot of the first area of the dungeon, along with an updated waterfall picture from a new angle...

Edit: For reference, the tree in the foreground of the first picture is at the top of the tower and the waterfall is at the bottom. This is contained within the Akulakhan chamber so that might give you some kind of idea for scale.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:30:03 PM by HybridDisorder »

Moritius

• Community Secretary
  • I'm watching you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »
It's amazing, remembers me Myst, somehow.
(Probably) the first place I'm planning to explore when mod will be finished :D.
"Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit"

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »
This looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to explore it.

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 05:32:07 PM »
It's amazing, remembers me Myst, somehow.
(Probably) the first place I'm planning to explore when mod will be finished :D.

This looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to explore it.

Thank you both very much!! I'm going to take time and try to really polish this mod, especially because this is my first public work (and biggest project). I'll keep the thread updated with pictures as I go.

I'm trying to figure out how difficult it should be. On one hand, I am a big fan of no level scaling with mobs for a lot of reasons. On the other hand, I want everyone to be able to explore what I'm creating. Also if I have higher level mobs, I feel better about leaving a glass dagger lying around somewhere. How do people feel about this?

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »
Usually I go with mobs that are of middling level, between levels 10~15, with the occasional boss in the lower level 20s spectrum. Most player characters can handle mobs at around that level, and the occasional boss will keep it from being too easy.

As for loot, you can actually take the Bethesda approach with valuable items and just hide them. Bethesda did this all of the time in vanilla Morrowind, where valuable items weren't really protected by tough mobs so much as they were hidden on a ledge just out of reach, or behind a chest, or in a tree stump. There's plenty of good hiding places in dungeons, and it gives an extra incentive and reward for players to fully explore the dungeons they're delving in.

But anyway, love the new screens, you're doing some seriously awesome work with your dungeon so far! :)

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »
Usually I go with mobs that are of middling level, between levels 10~15, with the occasional boss in the lower level 20s spectrum. Most player characters can handle mobs at around that level, and the occasional boss will keep it from being too easy.

As for loot, you can actually take the Bethesda approach with valuable items and just hide them. Bethesda did this all of the time in vanilla Morrowind, where valuable items weren't really protected by tough mobs so much as they were hidden on a ledge just out of reach, or behind a chest, or in a tree stump. There's plenty of good hiding places in dungeons, and it gives an extra incentive and reward for players to fully explore the dungeons they're delving in.

But anyway, love the new screens, you're doing some seriously awesome work with your dungeon so far! :)

Thank you! I'll probably stick to mobs around those levels then. At least for the "main" bosses  ;)

So I recruited my brother to help me with polishing this dungeon up and he's added some very, very cool stuff. He's way better at lava caves than I am.

Attached are a few new screenshots, but I don't know how many more spots I can take screenshots of without spoiling some cool stuff.

Drakkmore

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 06:47:15 PM »
Looks great, I am definitely putting that on my list of "go here first" places
So. You're going to Red Mountain to kill Dagoth Ur? Vivec couldn't do it, so he's elected you.
Doesn't that worry you?

My THoS Gallery http://www.tesvskyrim.com/skyrim-gallery-3524

My C&E information for Drakkmore: http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/cne/cne_viewchar.php?id=1126

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »
Looks great, I am definitely putting that on my list of "go here first" places

Thank you very much!

HybridDisorder

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »
Update:

I haven't had as much time lately due to moving and work, but I have been getting in small stuff that's adding up.

I'd say the statics are about 95% done for the entire dungeon now. It's ended up being a lot more explorable then originally intended, so there's a lot of little areas I need to figure out what to do with. I guess I might up with more "mini-bosses" than I thought :D

Enemies 0%
Loot 0%
Story 50%

No screenshots this time because the areas I've been working on I don't want to spoil.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 05:49:28 PM »
Good to hear you're still working on this, looking forward to seeing more of your dungeon, the screenshots thus far have been fantastic! :)

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 03:14:05 AM »
This is truly a very beautiful dungeon.