Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Nor a Plot but a Tree  (Read 1333 times)

Rolf

• Outlander
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] Nor a Plot but a Tree
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
I would like not an entire plot, but a nice little harmless looking tree, which of course is not as harmless as it looks. Passers by won't probably even notice that it is special, until they notice that strange humming sound or the tumbling of rocks. But they'd have to listen pretty carefully. And then they decide to check that tree.

As soon as they approach within 3 feet, a daedric wall raises from the ground. They could levitate over it, but decide to touch the Tree with its ominous name... And a Light is added... And in they go...

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Nor a Plot but a Tree
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »
You'll have to wait for DEG to come by for official approval, but I'm certainly in favor of evil trees.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Rolf

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:56:05 PM »
It's not that I would't want a plot, but if it were one, it would have to be one where Your Hero doesn't expect a building.

Inside the Tree there would be a maze of dungeons, rooms and maybe even an arena... And a lot of adversaries that are scripted to level along and spawn and whatever i can build in mere three months. It won't be an exact copy of Azura's Touch (AT), but of course it will have my signature, which means a lot of weird things and warm lights and maybe even a couple of friends.

And there WILL be Battle. Oh yeah! Leveled Creature Lists that can be added to Waters and Lands. And maybe even Air.  I may have to reuse some AT meshes there, for 3 months with reality pounding at the door isn't all that long. But it'll be highly extendible.

Rolf

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:00:44 PM »
You'll have to wait for DEG to come by for official approval, but I'm certainly in favor of evil trees.

Thanks!

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 04:53:48 AM »
I think plot 11 could be suitable for this - it is small and located right in the centre of the city - a perfect place for a tree. Alternatively, there's a place upon a hill at the East side, where Autoclock and me are building up our plots. Just thinking aloud.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:41:39 AM by Wretched Fetcher »

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:49:30 AM »
Hey Rolf, sorry for the late reply on this.

Definitely sounds like a cool concept for a modder plot, as for where it would go, you could just add it to the landscape somewhere outside of town. A lot of the wilderness isn't part of any particular plot, and if you're just adding a tree on the exterior, it could really go anywhere without causing issues. Plot #11 has already been claimed in town, so really the only open ones would be on High Street, or using Melchior's expanded plots area (which we don't have an updated map for yet, but it adds another 15 plots or so). In any event, entirely up to you what you want to do, a tree could work in town or outside of town fairly easily.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:29:23 AM »
Plot #11 has already been claimed in town....

Sorry, I forgot about this - have been looking at the old map.