Author Topic: Emba 5 A.K.A. Slavowind A.K.A. Holy Crap There's An Attack Boat  (Read 3404 times)

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
As some people here may know, we MW fans are a dedicated bunch, and, as this mod in particular helps cement, that goes especially from our comrades in Russia. Behold what might possibly be the craziest mod ever:

http://trainwiz.tumblr.com/post/124895647664/httpsmegaconzjqufsddqamxladiatow9a5nypm8t6

I've had a look at some of the interiors and resources for this mod and holy crap is there a ton of cool stuff here to play with. Someone, probably several someones, spent a LOT of time building this mod, and not even I can imagine the patience it required.

I'm going to see if I can get the ReadMe for it translated (everything but the scripts are in Russian), in the hopes that us capitalist pigs are free to borrow some of the glorious Soviet might on display here. In the mean time, I'll be periodically posting screenshots and videos of what I find.

P.S.: I'm referring everyone to Trainwiz' blog post because 1) he deserves credit for letting us know about Emba 5, and 2) the file is a huge burden, so I don't want to tax the forums with it.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: Emba 5 A.K.A. Slavowind A.K.A. Holy Crap There's An Attack Boat
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »
Someone recommended this mod about six months ago, but I wasn't able to track it down before without a download link. A seriously great find, though I believe Trainwiz actually discovered it thanks to this Reddit post from last week.

I'll have to get around to giving this the showcase treatment sometime.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »
I'm thinking of streaming it next weekend.

Spirithawke

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »
Hmm....I have what appears to possibly be an older version of this named emba-5 lite.zip that I acquired almost two years ago.  It does have lots of nice models in it.  However, it was decided not to put it onto MMH due to doubts about where the models came from.

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 06:21:58 AM »
Yeah, I remember this one. One guy decided to recreate the town he lived in. Obviously it doesn't have any connection to Tamriel.
I can translate the readme for you, if you still need it.

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 05:11:43 PM »
*did some research*
That's right, the guy's name is Ozon and he is THE SOLE developer of the mod, which he started to make in 2006, and still works on. The mod is the faithful recreation of his native town, a top-secret military garrison which doesn't exist anymore and which wasn't marked on any map, called simply EMBA-5. The mod has a huge following: Fullrest thread, group at Vkontakte (Russian internet social network ala Facebook), dedicated internet site - and I think there's more. Ozon is making EMBA-5 for Fallout 3, too, with some friends, but the work on Morrowind mod hasn't stopped apparently.

There's no mention about permissions he gives for his resources, but I think he will be ok about this - we in Russian community are not too touchy about these matters, as you might probably know (Olol's Oblivion conversions come to mind...). But I can write him a PM, if you want, with any specific requests that you have.

His project is amazing, this is true.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »
Thanks, though if I do anything with the available resources, it won't be for awhile.

the Frozen Doctor

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
How do I install this properly? I've done research and I can't find anything. The game crashed when I try to load the game and I think it's because something is installed the wrong way