Author Topic: TES 6  (Read 3057 times)

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
Re: TES 6
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »

But unfortunately, I don't think there'll be TES6. We here are all mature Morrowind players, so I think it is safe to discuss this without instigating drama.
It's just not feasible for Bethesda/Zenimax to start TES6 while ES Online is going (remember Warcraft). And due to nature of MMOs such project may continue forever.
I base this assumption also on declarations from Bethesda that "don't expect a new TES game in a long time" and "we'd like to develop a new IP (intellectual property, meaning another game aside from Fallout and TES series)"

There will be another TES game, Bethesda made that very clear by saying TES 6 will be delayed in favor of Fallout 4

I think this one is a valid proof (if they said exactly this sentence, they probably planned TES6 after all), but can't agree on your other points.
TES is successful, but ESO is a part of the series (absence of number "6" means nothing), just MMO. And Bethesda is a part of Zenimax, and they are physically located in the same building. Speaking of canon, I don't think they really care about such things on management level.

Anyway, I would love to see TES6 released, and I would be happy if my prediction proves wrong. Also note that I am not an "ESO hater". I think it's a solid game, according to what people say.

I've never really understood the argument for why we can't have both ESO and TESVI. The two are clearly very different games with different audiences that appeal mostly to different people, developed by different studios with different teams in different towns (Bethesda Game Studios is in Rockville, Maryland while Zenimax Online Studios is in Hunt Valley, Maryland), with very different margins of success (Skyrim sold well over 24 million copies, while official data for ESO suggests it has yet to hit 5 million sold copies).

ESO can't really be compared to WoW either, since ESO was made by a different team at a different studio (as opposed to WoW), and because ESO doesn't have a subscription model anymore, almost all of the profits are coming from sales of boxed copies. Skyrim sold 7 million copies in the first 48 hours of release, while ESO, after a year, has again yet to hit 5 million. From a business standpoint, it makes little sense not to continue with the core series where any future releases will be met with financial success almost immediately.

Any delay in the release of TESVI will most likely have to do with Fallout 4 (which is developed by the same team) rather than ESO, I should think, since Bethesda does already have an established pattern going from Oblivion to Fallout 3 to Skyrim.

But anyway, that's my 2 cents on the matter.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Flash3113

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

But unfortunately, I don't think there'll be TES6. We here are all mature Morrowind players, so I think it is safe to discuss this without instigating drama.
It's just not feasible for Bethesda/Zenimax to start TES6 while ES Online is going (remember Warcraft). And due to nature of MMOs such project may continue forever.
I base this assumption also on declarations from Bethesda that "don't expect a new TES game in a long time" and "we'd like to develop a new IP (intellectual property, meaning another game aside from Fallout and TES series)"

There will be another TES game, Bethesda made that very clear by saying TES 6 will be delayed in favor of Fallout 4

I think this one is a valid proof (if they said exactly this sentence, they probably planned TES6 after all), but can't agree on your other points.
TES is successful, but ESO is a part of the series (absence of number "6" means nothing), just MMO. And Bethesda is a part of Zenimax, and they are physically located in the same building. Speaking of canon, I don't think they really care about such things on management level.

Anyway, I would love to see TES6 released, and I would be happy if my prediction proves wrong. Also note that I am not an "ESO hater". I think it's a solid game, according to what people say.

I've never really understood the argument for why we can't have both ESO and TESVI. The two are clearly very different games with different audiences that appeal mostly to different people, developed by different studios with different teams in different towns (Bethesda Game Studios is in Rockville, Maryland while Zenimax Online Studios is in Hunt Valley, Maryland), with very different margins of success (Skyrim sold well over 24 million copies, while official data for ESO suggests it has yet to hit 5 million sold copies).

ESO can't really be compared to WoW either, since ESO was made by a different team at a different studio (as opposed to WoW), and because ESO doesn't have a subscription model anymore, almost all of the profits are coming from sales of boxed copies. Skyrim sold 7 million copies in the first 48 hours of release, while ESO, after a year, has again yet to hit 5 million. From a business standpoint, it makes little sense not to continue with the core series where any future releases will be met with financial success almost immediately.

Any delay in the release of TESVI will most likely have to do with Fallout 4 (which is developed by the same team) rather than ESO, I should think, since Bethesda does already have an established pattern going from Oblivion to Fallout 3 to Skyrim.

But anyway, that's my 2 cents on the matter.
I'm completely with you on all points. As I already said, ESO is not developed by the same team that makes TES and is completely independent. Any major delays for TES 6 are probably due to the fact that Bethesda is working on 3-4 different games right now. (Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, DOOM and maybe TES 6)

Istreddify

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »
I'm completely with you on all points. As I already said, ESO is not developed by the same team that makes TES and is completely independent. Any major delays for TES 6 are probably due to the fact that Bethesda is working on 3-4 different games right now. (Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, DOOM and maybe TES 6)
I'm not sure why mention DOOM and Dishonored here - the situation with them is basically the same as with ESO, where completely different teams work on the game, and Bethesda is only the publisher of their work.

Flash3113

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
I'm not sure why mention DOOM and Dishonored here - the situation with them is basically the same as with ESO, where completely different teams work on the game, and Bethesda is only the publisher of their work.
Yeah, you're right. I didn't actually think about that,my bad. DOOM definitely not, of course. I wasn't too sure about Dishonored though, but it was developed by Arkane Studios.

Wretched Fetcher

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
...in different towns (Bethesda Game Studios is in Rockville, Maryland while Zenimax Online Studios is in Hunt Valley, Maryland)

Huh, trusted Wikipedia in this matter, turns out they were wrong (English page states that these firms are located in different places, while Russian, which I have read, does not - probably wasn't updated https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios)

Anyway, the quantity of replies we had in this thread in such a short time shows that we, as community, are worried =)

edit: proper English
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:59:54 PM by wretched fetcher »

Flash3113

• Modder Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »
...in different towns (Bethesda Game Studios is in Rockville, Maryland while Zenimax Online Studios is in Hunt Valley, Maryland)

Huh, trusted to Wikipedia in this matter, turns out they were wrong (English page states that these firm are located in different places, while Russian, which I have read, does not - probably wasn't updated https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios)

Anyway, the quantity of replies we had in this thread for such a short time shows that we, as community, are worried =)
The Elder Scrolls IS one of the best/ the best RPG series ever, so there are plenty of reasons to be worried. While I love Fallout, TES will always have a special place in my heart.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
I'm not worried in the least, and I don't think anyone else should be either. TESO doesn't generate remotely enough revenue to encourage Zenimax Media to drop the main TES games in favor of cranking out expansion after expansion. If they had beaten the snot out of Blizzard, I could understand the concern, but they didn't, not even close.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

ShylyMrWolf

• Community Assistant
  • Awoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 03:12:42 AM »
I would hope for either Elsweyr or Black Marsh. Bethesda seems to really shine when creating unique cultures for all the races and I'd love to see how Argonian and Khajiit culture would be fleshed out with a game of their own.

MattTheBagel

• Community Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »
I have always wanted either Valenwood or Elsweyr. I remember back when playing Oblivion, near the coast of Anvil, I looked off to where Valenwood would be, and just imagined.

Tree-cities, cannibal tribes, huntsman, it sounds very cool.

And Elsweyr's lore sounds very interesting, and the khajiits are too.
"I could kill that guar. Those boots are ruined."

My Instagram; https://www.instagram.com/elder_scrolls_page/

Turelek

• Community Secretary
  • The one and only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »
It's a pretty well-known mod for Oblivion, but ...

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1070-elsweyr-anequina/
Modding since 2008. Happy to be a part of the Morrowind Modding Commune.

ShylyMrWolf

• Community Assistant
  • Awoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:46 PM »

It sucked that The Elsweyr Anequina mod was never finished (or at least all the buildings given interieors). All the assets were really good and the city of Dune was amazing to explore. If I remember correctly it was deleted from tesnexus, but I'm happy to see a link for the mod still exists.

Envy123

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »

It sucked that The Elsweyr Anequina mod was never finished (or at least all the buildings given interieors). All the assets were really good and the city of Dune was amazing to explore. If I remember correctly it was deleted from tesnexus, but I'm happy to see a link for the mod still exists.

I'm currently working on rectifying the interior issue and complete the province of Elsweyr. Also, the dialogue and quests aren't the best that they can be, so I'm improving them as well. :)

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/forum/486-elsweyr-pellitine/

I have always wanted either Valenwood or Elsweyr. I remember back when playing Oblivion, near the coast of Anvil, I looked off to where Valenwood would be, and just imagined.

Tree-cities, cannibal tribes, huntsman, it sounds very cool.

And Elsweyr's lore sounds very interesting, and the khajiits are too.

There is the Valenwood Islands mod for Oblivion which has huntsmen and cannibal tribes, though the villages are different compared to the mainland.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45533/?

Shameless plugs, I know.  :-[