Author Topic: [Modder Claim] Plot 35 - Darkelfguy  (Read 1540 times)

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
[Modder Claim] Plot 35 - Darkelfguy
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:59:53 AM »
Plot #: 35

I'm thinking of making this a sea-side Imperial style estate with a handful of buildings where NPCs from some of my projects over the years, both those that I've actually released and those projects I've canceled at one time or another, live in a sort of confrontational existence where they vie to prove themselves better than the others. There'll be a few quests obviously, with a dungeon or two for good measure, and possibly a houseboat. Those are just some of my ideas at the moment, I haven't fully decided what I want to do with the plot yet, just claiming it before I forget.
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: [Modder Claim] Plot 35 - Darkelfguy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
Looking forward to it!

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:52:22 AM »
Alright, finally have an update on this! Basically, as I originally planned, I made an Imperial style compound off the shore. What I had not planned was a forest surrounding it, that was just sort of on impulse. In fact, I may have gone overboard. The exterior is mostly finished, but it consists of about 2000 hand-placed objects, including 250 planks that make up a series of walkways through the forest and compound, and about 70 cobblestone walls used as border markers for the paths. There's also waaaay too many flowers and shrubbery because I'm crazy. After spending 20 hours in a place of complete creative madness, this is the result.

Anyway, what do you guys think, too much?

True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, In writing what deserves to be read. - Pliny the Elder

LadyPhoenixFireRose

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »
Looks wonderful! Love all the details.
"If Death doesn't kill you, then nothing will."
"Fate can only do so much for a person, the rest is up to them."

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
  • I am the Eggman. I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-kajoob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »
Some people build Telvanni towers with fans on them. Some people build Daedric ruins. Some people build a house full of lore-breaking trinkets.

Darkelfguy builds a framerate-eating village.

Welcome to the nuthouse, brother. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Mod not for recognition, but for respect for the craft.

Darkelfguy

• Administrator
  • Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:42:13 AM »
Looks wonderful! Love all the details.
Thanks, took a while but I think the extra work paid off with how it turned out! Now if only I could fix the FPS...

Some people build Telvanni towers with fans on them. Some people build Daedric ruins. Some people build a house full of lore-breaking trinkets.

Darkelfguy builds a framerate-eating village.

Welcome to the nuthouse, brother. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

It's not that bad of a framerate, I get on average 10 FPS in this area, better than some parts of ModTown! :P

Don't know if I've ever actually left the nuthouse... There are many corridors in the nuthouse, and one may get lost for a spell, but one always ends up in the same place, doing the same thing, a never-ending cycle.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 05:10:21 PM »
I think it looks excellent, DEG. Of course it's not too much!

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
This is probably going to sound odd, coming from me, but I genuinely feel that if you were to be all "Oh, you think it's quiet and peaceful around here, huh? WRONG!! EVERYONE IS DEAD, THIS PLACE IS HAUNTED BY 999 WRAITHS!! YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT ALIVE MUAHAHAHAHA!!", it would completely ruin it.

So, not that I think you would, but please don't do that.

Melchior Dahrk

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 01:43:13 AM »
Nah, Darkelfguy just likes to have a dramatic plotline where the groundskeeper's potted willow flower has gone missing and they need the player to uncover who took it; only it turns out the groundskeeper is known to have hallucinations related to too many late nights tending the hundreds of flowers in the place so the other residents think he just misplaced it and so it turns into a needle in the haystack quest where the player has to look under every leaf, frond, and petal for the missing pot.

Ugh, I'm spouting random crap. Time for bed.

Autoclock

• Modder Emissary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 10:03:58 AM »
I think you're onto something, actually. It would be hilarious to make players look for something in such a densely detailed place.